INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QSI driver

• Thank you received: 2

QSI driver was created by Paolo

Dear all,

I'm only partially satisfied with the QSI driver :whistle: , which currently does not offer the possibility to tune some important camera properties, such as - for example - the gain level or the fan speed. I don't know, in fact, which gain level I'm using and I see (or -better - I hear) that the fan speed is at the minimum. Are there plans for improving the driver? I suppose that it depends from the developers, as it is a third party driver... but I don't know how to contact them.

Cheers
Paolo
9 years 3 months ago #2628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QSI driver

It is located in the 3rd party repo means it can be developed and released independently from INDI Library. At any rate, I'm the developer of the QSI driver and I just upgraded libqsi from 6.4.1 to 7.2.0 and also added the Gain & Fan support to INDI QSI driver. Please test and let me know if it works.
9 years 3 months ago #2638

Replied by Paolo on topic QSI driver

Awesome!! Thanks! :)
9 years 3 months ago #2640

Problem: after the update, the "connect" button of the QSI INDI "control panel" does not connect the camera successfully. The state remains "yellow" and nothing appears in the text dialog window below....
I tested then the camera with the test programs given with the standard Linux QSI library (qsidemo and qsiapitest) and the camera works ok. So it seems that something went wrong on INDI side...
9 years 3 months ago #2649

The driver is working fine, in fact I am using it right now as I type this. But sometimes PPA packages are not built properly by Launchpad, I will force it to re-build again and hopefully it will work OK by tomorrow. If you compile from source you won't have any issues.
9 years 3 months ago #2650

ok, definitely I have to try the compilation from the source ;) I check that, thank you again!
9 years 3 months ago #2651

Ok, I succeeded in compiling libindi.
The, I tried the compilation under 3rdparty with
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DWITH_QHY:OPTION=OFF

but it complains that it does not find "QSI" ("Please install libqsi").
As libqsi is contained in 3rdparty, I thought that it would be part of the compilation/installation process.
Confused here....
9 years 3 months ago #2656

libqsi must be installed first, it is independent of indi-qsi driver. At any rate, the new indi-qsi package should be available in one hour.
9 years 3 months ago #2657

Ok, I was able to compile! Thanks - now the QSI driver works ok, with the added options. Good job!
9 years 3 months ago #2658

Time to create page: 0.643 seconds