INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5Lii ok with Indi?

• Thank you received: 10

QHY5Lii ok with Indi? was created by Steve

Hi guys
Looking for another ccd for my spectroscope guide module and wondering about the QHY5Lii as I don`t think the older QHY5 is still available, anyone tried it with Indi please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 3 months ago #2746

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Steve on topic QHY5Lii ok with Indi?

Ok so looking around the various forums including this one maybe the QHY5Lii is not the best to go for with Linux/Ekos.
I use an Atik 314L+ for my spectroscopy and a Lodestar for guiding (on a separate scope) both of which work fine under Indi. I need a replacement ccd for the guide module of my spectroscope and its sole purpose would be to check the position of a star in relation to the 25micron slit where light from the star would go through to the Atik so I don`t need anything elaborate or cooled. My trusty old DMK21 firewire camera was going to be used there but its proving to be a right pain getting the firewire interface to work under Indi and Linux in general although had some unreliable success with an app called Coriander!.
I`m also looking at the ZMO ASI range of ccd`s which seem to be supported under Indi anyone tried those please?.
Thanks
Steve
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Steve.
9 years 3 months ago #2748

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.259 seconds