INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to debug "Camera not found" errors for SBIG

• Thank you received: 8
I'm trying to get my ST-8300M camera working with indiserver and the sbig driver. I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 running in a VirtualBox VM provisioned with Vagrant and hosted on OSX Yosemite.

The device shows up in lsusb:
vagrant@vagrant:/var/log$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0d97:0101 Santa Barbara Instrument Group SBIG Astronomy Camera (with firmware)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

When I try to connect to it on port "sbigusb0" I get the following message:
2015-07-13T01:50:19: Error: Cannot establish link to SBIG CCD camera at port sbigusb0 Camera not Found 

I've set every debug level to the maximum everywhere I can find it and I can't get any more information. I've also tried running indiserver in its own shell in super verbose mode (vvv) and there's no information other than the "Camera not Found" message.

Is there any way to debug this other than building the driver myself and stepping through the code with GDB? I'd like to help myself, but I seem to be the only person to have this problem as there are no other forum posts about it.
8 years 9 months ago #4584

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well, it doesn't look like a permission issue since it already loaded the firmware, and you can't debug much further because SBIG provides a binary blob library. Perhaps what I would try next is to run indiserver as root, but I doubt this would help.
8 years 9 months ago #4586

• Thank you received: 8
Thanks for the reply krno. I gave up trying to get indiserver working on the VM and instead spent some time getting it running directly on the Mac. After some fixes to the cmake setup and sbig driver code I was able to get it running and connect to the camera. It's possible there's an issue with the USB device when VirtualBox reconnects it to the VM. My ultimate goal is getting the server running on a Raspberry Pi so this isn't a big problem.
8 years 9 months ago #4589

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds