INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Issue with SBIG CCD

• Thank you received: 11

Issue with SBIG CCD was created by Klaus

Whenever I try to get an image from my SBIG ST402 EKOS loops forever. Connect to the camera is established and everything seems to work but not imaging or it is just a fake. INDI Control panel has a red light with the port which is set to sbigusb0. Should I expect a /dev/sbigusb0 then? It isn't there.

I compiled a testapp from SBIG's Linux dev kit and this gives me a fits-file. What's wrong here?

A second issue is that whenever I hit the preview button the cooler is addressed. This is a rather unexpected behaviour. Cooling should be independent from imaging in my opinion. What's the reason for this?

Klaus
8 years 6 months ago #5020

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Issue with SBIG CCD

For the 2nd reason, I think you had "temperature" checkbox checked? If yes, it enforces the temperature before it captures. For first problem, contact me please on email and I'll try to SSH/TeamViewer to figure out the issue.
8 years 6 months ago #5025

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Klaus on topic [solved] Issue with SBIG CCD

Well, I checked it on a second machine and there I had no issues. The key point was that I had checked the temp checkbox on the CCD tab and misinterpreted the wait cursor as an error as the cooler was still cooling. :whistle: Unchecking the box gave me an image immediately. Now I have cooling detached from imaging and that's what I wanted.

Klaus
8 years 6 months ago #5037

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds