INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ATIK INDI driver and SDK 0.34

• Thank you received: 174
Hi, new ATIK INDI driver and ATIK SDK with the added support for ATIK Large Frame cameras (11000/4000) are available for testing from our Atik INDI drivers page. Drivers are statically linked against INDI 1.1 rel. 2439. Driver for OSX is included in INDI Server 2.1.0 and built-in support is also available in AstroImager 1.4 .

As usual, any feedback is welcome.

Peter

8 years 6 months ago #5143
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
Sorry to ask (again). Are there any plans on supporting the older Art245/ATK16HR models?
The code seems to be here on Github
Thanks.
8 years 6 months ago #5196

Hi, sorry for not answering on your previous thread, I missed it :(

The main issue with old Artemis cameras is not that I don't have example code. I don't have any such device (and it is nearly impossible to develop driver without having device) and as far as old cameras are completely different from new one it is a LOT of work.

Nevertheless it seems that wINDI problem with some CCD drivers is fixed now, maybe you can try the camera with ASCOM driver again. Let me know if you will have problem with it again.

Peter
8 years 6 months ago #5200

• Thank you received: 46
I'm curious about one thing regarding the atik cameras. Are they like many of the other different vendors, an fx2 chip with a sensor attached ?
8 years 6 months ago #5217

Well, this is probably more or less true about all vendors and all amateur and semi-profi class cameras, but compared to the many other, they are doing their engineering job and communication with software developers very well.

If you mean if every camera type (or every camera, like QHY5) is different and if you need to program nearly naked fx controller than no, the devices are smart enough to use single driver code for e.g. all 3xx/4xx/One class cameras and to communicate on the level of commands, not registers.
8 years 6 months ago #5218

Thanks for your reply and no need to be sorry, I'm glad you do all the fine work so far :)

I can/will try wINDI again and will let you know (might take a few days).

My cpp knowledge is a bit rusty, otherwise I would try to make the driver myself. Maybe in the winterdays I will give it a try.

Kind regards,
Gerard
8 years 6 months ago #5225

• Thank you received: 46

No, all I wanted to know, is the usb interaface hardware an fx2, or is it something else?
8 years 6 months ago #5226

Probably yes.
8 years 6 months ago #5227

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by gus on topic ATIK INDI driver and SDK 0.34

No news regarding Atik GP 0.5 seconds exposure limit? Asking just in case... ;)
8 years 6 months ago #5304

Sorry, nothing new yet :( Too many other priorities and it seems that we're the only non-windows GP owners in the universe... Peter
8 years 6 months ago #5309

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by gus on topic ATIK INDI driver and SDK 0.34

Hahaha, the universe seems to be huge except in these occasions... thanks anyway Peter :)
8 years 6 months ago #5310

Sorry for the delayed response but...... Success! With the latest version of wINDI the ATK-16HR camera is working. There is however a small cosmetic bug (or feature) with lowres screens. On screens lower than 1280x960 the right-hand part of the window containing all the buttons disappear. Since my old screen in the observatory isn't able to display this resolution I had to use vnc to remotely change the res and test wINDI..... not a real problem but just want to let you know.

--Gerard
8 years 6 months ago #5484

Time to create page: 1.756 seconds