INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Nightscape in INDI

• Thank you received: 0
Hello out there!

I'm pretty new here and first of all I would like to say thank you to all of you doing such a good job in developping INDI. Very nice, I just use it with my old NexImage Cam via V4L. :)

Now I had the opportunity to get a Celestron Nightscape CCD for a really good price, so I decided to buy it. But stuck to UBUNTU, I don't really like to install Windows to run Celstron's AstroFX to communicate with that CCD-Cam. I hoped that there would be any support in INDI, but I didn't find a way to deal with it.

So I have two questions:
1. Is it maybe planned to add Celestron-Nightscape-CCD-Driver to INDI in future?
2. Is there any workaround to use this CCD right now in INDI?

Thanks and clear skies!
8 years 5 months ago #5426

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well you can ask Celestron to provide a Linux driver, but good luck with that! Unless Linux can recognize and utilize the camera, no INDI driver can be developed.
8 years 5 months ago #5428

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thomas on topic Celestron Nightscape in INDI

Thanks for your reply!

I allready expected that. Maybe I hoped, that there is any description of Celestron's protocol for connecting to CCDs.

After all connecting to Celestron's mount seems to be possible in INDI.

My workaround, I will test next days:

Use a second laptop and install Win7, Celstron's AstroFX and the included ASCOM driver on it. Additionally wINDI as

wrapper and then connecting via LAN to my main laptop. This way I should be able to control it via KStars/Ekos.

Hope it will work! :)
8 years 5 months ago #5437

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds