INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5L-IIc doesn't work

• Thank you received: 2
No no solution for now. :( :angry:

It is blocked by QHYCCD that does not broadcast its SDK in opensource. :huh: :huh:

They are redoing their full SDK. Or so he says on the forum but no news since two months. :angry: :angry: :angry:
7 years 11 months ago #7780

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32

Replied by Marco Gulino on topic QHY5L-IIc doesn't work

I am one of the developers trying to make them fix a few very elementary bugs since more than one year.
A few of them are just a typo in the cmake file, and to build the library with dynamic dependencies instead of static. Both of them are just one-line fixes, if only we could have access to the source code.
QHY is a lost cause.
I would recommend anyone who plans to use a planetary/guide camera on anything different than windows to just buy something else.
7 years 11 months ago #7783

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by lock on topic QHY5L-IIc doesn't work

Some open-source software are using theses cameras very well. I'm thinking about oaCapture, Lin_guider. Is it not possible to port the code in order to have a generic code in INDI ?
7 years 11 months ago #7830

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic QHY5L-IIc doesn't work

No, IIRC they only work for QHY5 anyway. The INDI QHY driver supports all the cameras and filter wheels. I'm working with QHY to improve the driver but the response is sometimes slow, so please be patient.
7 years 11 months ago #7831

No, IIRC they only work for QHY5 anyway. The INDI QHY driver supports all the cameras and filter wheels. I'm working with QHY to improve the driver but the response is sometimes slow, so please be patient.
7 years 11 months ago #7832

I'm sorry, I did not understand when you said "IIRC they only work for QHY5 anyway".

But when you say : "please be patient". Of course I will.
INDI is a great project and It deserves patience. What I want : Using my camera with PHD2 and INDI drivers. For now I use Lin_guider.
So, about what I understood, you are working on this integration ?
If I can help (test, or other): I'm a developer ( Siril: astronomical image preprocessing software under Linux ) but not good enough to code program for hardware devices.
7 years 11 months ago #7834

What I meant is that lin_guider works only on a subset of QHY cameras while the INDI QHY drivers works for all, but with some problems at the moment. I will post an update once QHY stuff are sorted out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lock
7 years 11 months ago #7835

OK.

So thank you for your work.
7 years 11 months ago #7836

Replied by Rob Meades on topic QHY5L-IIc doesn't work

Just registering my interest: I have a QHY5-IIM (used as a guider) from which I am currently unable to capture images. I have had it working but not recently, so it may well benefit from whatever magic Jasem can cook up. :-)

EDIT: turns out that it was saving to the local machine with a duplicate filename for some reason [shouldn't have been according to settings]. Anyhow, I'm still interested in any updates.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Rob Meades.
7 years 10 months ago #8156

Hopefully there would be an updated QHY SDK and driver within a week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Meades
7 years 10 months ago #8157

Replied by Rob Meades on topic QHY5L-IIc doesn't work

Hi Jasem: did you have any luck with the QHY driver? I updated my driver code a few days ago(driver v1.6) but I still can't seem to get my QHY5-II to stay connected for very long. Is there anything I can do to help debug issues?

[EDIT]

Symptom is "FITS image failed to load, aborting..." and, after then disconnecting and reconnecting, "Error: Init Camera failed (-1)". Sometimes it also takes out KStars entirely, at which point journalctl shows either:

May 26 23:22:12 AstroOne systemd-coredump[539]: Process 435 (indi_qhy_ccd) of user 0 dumped core.
                                                Stack trace of thread 435:
                                                #0  0x000000006bb24b24 pthread_mutex_lock (libpthread.so.0)

...or more often:

May 26 23:34:47 AstroOne indiserver[576]: 2016-05-26 23:34:47.593 LOG_FATAL LIBUSB_TRANSFER_TIMED_OUT (cmosdll.cpp):144

[EDIT]

Post moved to indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1275-updated-qhy-sdk
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Rob Meades.
7 years 10 months ago #8512

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds