INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

asi_ccd driver troubles

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic asi_ccd driver troubles

Same problem as klaus my cam is also a 120MM USB2 and I am now up to date on all.
I don't know what kind of format is "luma format".
And I confirm that on USB3 the camera is not recognized under indi (this is the first device I meet that is not compliant with usb3 port which is design to be full compatible with usb2). Connected to USB3 in oacapture the camera is recognized but doesn't work.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Patrick.
8 years 4 months ago #5760
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 11

Replied by Klaus on topic asi_ccd driver troubles

Raw 8 bit and Raw 16 bit
8 years 4 months ago #5761
It should used raw 8 bit if luma is not found. Tomororw PPA update should fix this.
8 years 4 months ago #5763

@Klaus,

I tried to make a one shot image in the Eko camera tab panel and only get a white image in preview and unitary sequence.
What do I do wrong, is there a set of parameter standard to test the cam in this context ?

I tried exposure of 5s 1s 0,1s 0.05s and nothing works

Thanks
Regards

Pat
8 years 4 months ago #5764
Check controls tab and just values as necessary like brightness, gain..etc.
8 years 4 months ago #5765

I checked lot of combinations in the control tabs and unfortunately got the same result.
8 years 4 months ago #5766

@Patrick

My cam is attached to a 50mm finder scope. When using it in daylight I always get overexposed images as the cam is rather sensitive. So to check your cam cover the objective and you should get a black image, uncover should give a white image. My setup requests exposure times of a fraction of a millisecond during daylight but EKOS supports only times down one millisecond. Even setting the gain to 1 doesn't help. oacapture offers short exposure times so go for this and try to get a valid image there.

@Jasem

I've got a new kstars-bleeding this morning but I still get this Luma video message.

Klaus
8 years 4 months ago #5767

@Klaus

You are right I tested with the cap and got a black image. Sure it is a question of sensibility. I tried with 1ms in ekos and YES :woohoo: it works !

I will wait for the night to test it in astronomical conditions. The weather for the night promise to be dry and clear here in the south-west of France.

Did you get some decent images of deepsky objects with this cam Klaus ?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Patrick.
8 years 4 months ago #5768

Great to hear that your cam is now in place for collecting stellar photons. :) So far I didn't try deepsky objects with this cam as I want to use it for guiding. My primary goal is to image variable stars and run photometry on the images, so pretty pictures are a bit out focus. Unfortunately, weather seldom permits for observations here in south-west Germany and thus I'm still working on my setup. :(

CS
Klaus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
8 years 4 months ago #5769
I applied changes today in INDI ASI driver so you'll see changes tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Klaus, Patrick
8 years 4 months ago #5770

My goal is also to do guiding with this cam. In the end I want to build an automatized setup with guidind and focusing automated around an odroid device that will run the indi server and a remote control on a distant PC. In the far end (next year) it is to have an automatized observatory.
The test of the camera is a step on the way to this goal.
First I want to see what the camera have "in the belly". And so far as there is not planetary target available in the beginning of night today I will try to shoot some bright deepsky objects without guiding first.
8 years 4 months ago #5771

@Jasem

:) Thanks Jasem
Just tested the streaming with the new driver. It works fine but I have got some crashes, maybe because of wrong parameters. If I can reproduce them I will communicate on those parameters.

Regards
8 years 4 months ago #5781
Time to create page: 0.686 seconds