INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

asi_ccd driver troubles

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic asi_ccd driver troubles

To re-up the question:

I checked the binning 2x but it doesn't work. The counter countdown and the "downloading" message never disappear while the little clock run infinitely.
Dopes somebody experienced the trouble too ?

Thank you.
8 years 4 months ago #5984
The topic has been locked.

Hello all,

Just some positive return tests. I have tested all the devices under Kstars/EKOS/INDI : AZEQ6, SBIG ST8300C, ZWO 120MM connected to a ODROID-XU4 in remote. All works fine (in my home).
The next step will be to configure the ODROID-XU4 as wifi adhoc hotspot and test all of this on the field with the 120MM acting as autoguider.
8 years 4 months ago #6010
  • Thank you received: 5
Patdut,
Are you using the ASI 120MM on a RPi?
If yes, which OS are you using?
Thanks in advance,
Stefan
8 years 3 months ago #6320

@noste99
I use the ZWO 120MM on odroid-XU4 and I connect to it via wifi.

<strong>Big problem: </strong>today I tried to connect the ZWO 120MM directly to the laptop and I had the big surprise to have a crash with the asi driver.
I thought there was an issue with some update so I have done an uninstall of kstars-bleeding, and indi-full and libindi1. Done a complete system update (Ubuntu 15.04) on the laptop. Re-install libindi1, indi-full and kstars-bleeding. I got the same result: the asi server crash and enter in an infinite loop of restart.
I had a doubt, was it my cam that was damaged ? I tested it with success with oacapture, so this is not a camera issue.
Apart the streaming which don't work the ZWO 120 works fine in remote connected to the odroid device I will wait long before doing an update on it :)

Is there any way to have a precise log of the local asi driver , I mean something like a debug mode ?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Patrick.
8 years 3 months ago #6345

I just recompiled the driver indi_asi_ccd on my system and :) it works fine but lost the streaming :( . With the following message:

2015-12-23T12:41:34: No Luma video format found, cannot start stream.
2015-12-23T12:40:56: CCD is online. Retrieving basic data.

Maybe I have not used the right repository to get the sources.

Looks weard, just like the modifications you made in the driver Jasem have been lost.
8 years 3 months ago #6363
Are you updating code from INDI subversion? At any rate, I'm building now Raspberry PI package for libindi 1.2.0... should be ready tomorrow.
8 years 3 months ago #6364

Well looks like I compiled an old version of the driver given by the sources link in the download version.
This version is from 6 of september.

I downloaded the 2625 revision in the trunk but I fail to compile the asi-cam driver.
There is lot of missing or not found packages for cmake on my system (Ubuntu 15.04).
cfitsio is installed but not found.
INDI is not found however I am in the
USB-1 is an unknown
and Threads ????
I must admit that I am a little bit lost with all those required packages.
8 years 3 months ago #6365
How to build & install latest libindi is a pinned topic after all!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 3 months ago #6366

Oups sorry mised it
8 years 3 months ago #6373

Well I followed the howto and compiled successfully libindi but got lot of problems with drivers. I add to turn off some drivers QSI, FLI, FISHCAMP & APOGEE.
After this when compiling I get some message on the EQMOD driver compilation.

[ 2%] Building CXX object indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.o
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp: In constructor ‘EQMod::EQMod()’:
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:185:26: error: ‘TELESCOPE_CAN_PARK’ was not declared in this scope
SetTelescopeCapability(TELESCOPE_CAN_PARK | TELESCOPE_CAN_SYNC | TELESCOPE_CAN_ABORT | TELESCOPE_HAS_TIME | TELESCOPE_HAS_LOCATION,SLEWMODES);
^
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:185:47: error: ‘TELESCOPE_CAN_SYNC’ was not declared in this scope
SetTelescopeCapability(TELESCOPE_CAN_PARK | TELESCOPE_CAN_SYNC | TELESCOPE_CAN_ABORT | TELESCOPE_HAS_TIME | TELESCOPE_HAS_LOCATION,SLEWMODES);
^
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:185:68: error: ‘TELESCOPE_CAN_ABORT’ was not declared in this scope
^
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:185:90: error: ‘TELESCOPE_HAS_TIME’ was not declared in this scope
^
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:185:111: error: ‘TELESCOPE_HAS_LOCATION’ was not declared in this scope
^
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool EQMod::initProperties()’:
/home/pat/Projects/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:333:63: error: ‘setDriverInterface’ was not declared in this scope
setDriverInterface(getDriverInterface() | GUIDER_INTERFACE);
^
indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.o' failed
make[2]: *** [indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:75: recipe for target 'indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:137: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
8 years 3 months ago #6382
You're building against old version of libindi. If you have TeamViewer, I can login tomorrow and check it out.
8 years 3 months ago #6388

I checked out the version of libindi as explained in the howto with svn. I assume this is the last version.
But what I haven't done is to suppress the version which was installed on my computer before installing the fresh compiled one. Might it be a problem ?
I have installed TeamViewer but I won't be really available for this day and tomorrow. Maybe later.
Is the 1.2 version of libindi and 3rdparty drivers coming soon ?
8 years 3 months ago #6393
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds