INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Camera temperature +/- 3F

• Thank you received: 2
Jasem

While the camera temperature control is great, would it be possible to adjust the temperature to +/- 3F above or below the selected temperature to trigger the rest of the automation? This way, the software will continue its automation while the CCD continues to fine tune the power consumption until it reaches the exact temperature.

Thanks
8 years 4 months ago #6037

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm not sure I understand your question, Can you please elaborate?
8 years 4 months ago #6040

As it is right now, when you set the camera temperature, the software will wait until it reaches the desired temperature to the tenth of a degree close before the rest of the automation continues. It would be nice if the tolerance could be increased to a wider range , say +/- 3 to 5 degrees. If the set temperature is zero F then the automation continues to run ( like slewing) when it reaches 5 and the software continues to drop the temperature to the target set point. This will save overall time especially of this has to be done a few times a night due to failure or whatever.
8 years 4 months ago #6041

All temperatures are in Celsius btw. Ok, so I added the option to set the temperature set point threshold but ideally you really want it as small as possible otherwise you risk starting capture at a temperature different than the exact desired one. 0.1 is now there by default in Ekos options.
8 years 4 months ago #6042

Thanks. As far as a 3 degree temperature differential, it really is negligible in my opinion( most sensor are better these days including the KAF8300). This request is there only to expedite automation when somebody like me sets up every session. ideally, by the time the higher threshold is reached, the mount is slewing, focus is starting, plate solving, and so on and so forth...by the time all the parameters are satisfied, the temperature is dead on at the target anyway.

Thanks for implementing this.
8 years 4 months ago #6045

The temperature set is the last step that is done before the actual capture process, so all slewing/focusing..etc is done before setting the temperature.
8 years 4 months ago #6048

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic Camera temperature +/- 3F

I experienced the problem while testing my setup indoor. I asked -10 °C to cool my SBIG8300C. I checked the check mark in front of temperature control of ekos.
The shots sequence I programmed never started. The temperature were oscillating around -10 and never reach the precision range of plus or minus 0.1°C around the target temperature. Would be nice to be able to adjust this range because I guess that every cooling system has his own precision which, maybe, isn't fit to ensure important constraints on the temperature's respect.
8 years 4 months ago #6088

The option is already there now.
8 years 4 months ago #6090

Sorry Jasem,
Maybe I didn't search enough in the ekos interface where to set the value.
I will take a better look on it.
CS
8 years 4 months ago #6092

It's in KStars Settings ---> Ekos
8 years 4 months ago #6094

Hum, I am afraid I can't find this parameter. This is the panel I have under my eyes when I use Kstars settings -> Ekos.
See the attached file.
8 years 4 months ago #6095
Attachments:

Looks like you're not using the latest version of KStars. Latest version is kstars-bleeding - 5:15.12+r5418.238

Is your PPA up to date?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
8 years 4 months ago #6096

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds