INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sbig STi issues

• Thank you received: 19

Sbig STi issues was created by Chris Ryan

I've got the Sbig Sti colour and I'm having some problems. I think some of these are known, but I'll raise them here.

1. Trying to capture an image never succeeds - it gets to "Prinary CCD readout in progress..." and spins forver until you abort the capture.
2. Selecting a binning option doesn't work properly - it modifies the image sizes strangely, e.g. for 3x3 seemed to set the Height to 0 and the Width to over 1900.
3. After a few attempts, the camera seems to become unresponsive and won't even disconnect properly.
8 years 4 months ago #6179

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Chris Ryan on topic Sbig STi issues

Just realised there's an update available. Will install and retry.
8 years 4 months ago #6180

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Sbig STi issues

I just tested the ST-i (color) on x64 and it works fine. I fixed the binning issue as it only supports 1x1 and 2x2 in the driver. The camera has problem in Raspberry PI and sometimes it gets stuck but will always delivers an image after a few seconds. I reniced the process to give it more priority and that indeed helped, but it still sometimes becomes unresponsive. I have one more trick to try and will let you know if that works or not.
8 years 4 months ago #6183

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Sbig STi issues

Ok even with 're-nicing', it still sometimes get stuck in CC_READOUT_LINE command for 10-20 seconds, seemingly randomly. SBIG needs to investigate this as this is an issue with their arm driver. I opened a topic at diffraction limited forums so maybe if more users made noise there they would take Linux driver more seriously.
8 years 4 months ago #6186

Ok, thanks.

I signed up and added some support to your message. :)
8 years 4 months ago #6217

I did an update tonight and now the ST8 is getting the same read/download issue. I didn't bother retrying STi again.

Looks like I may have to abandon the pi and get a small intel based system going to leave in the observatory...
8 years 4 months ago #6220

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Gerry Rozema on topic Sbig STi issues

Dont get excited about sbig support working correctly on an intel build either.

I've had issues here, have open requests at sbig, and altho the initial response was fairly positive, I dont have any updates yet. It's only been a few days, so I'll wait patiently for now. The most recent builds have issues with the fan on my ST-10. What I did find was this. If I downloaded and rebuild using the Linux dev kit on the sbig site last week, it's a much older set of binaries that do appear to drive the ST-10 properly, but my understanding is, it doesn't support newish camera models correctly.

I did get a more up to date set of binaries directly from sbig when I asked about the problems, but they have linkage problems and cannot be built here. The person I was in contact with did respond 'seen that before, will deal with it', and I'm now waiting on that fix to arrive.
8 years 4 months ago #6229

I have used the ST8 on Intel in the past, so hopefully that will still work. I can't remember if the STi worked or not. Anyway, progress on that front will probably be slow until after Xmas.
8 years 4 months ago #6241

Time to create page: 2.767 seconds