Use of overloaded operator "[]" is ambiguous

• Thank you received: 13

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

I just recompiled this driver against INDI GIT and didn't get this error. I'm also building it against libcamera and libcamera-apps GIT.
1 year 6 months ago #88115

Ok, I now tried to build Indi_Libcamera as well, and it is failing with same error, while it was successful before. That means it is something wrong with my environment.

I did kernel update, and I did install whole QT5 suite and built and installed indi via terminal, it seems that something is messed up there, but I will try to revert to previous versions, if it does not help then I need to do clean reinstall. I think you can close this one as It is definitely environment issue I just need to find out what exactly.
1 year 6 months ago #88117

Use of overloaded operator "[]" is ambiguous - INDI Forum

Just final comment, I made it work on my old environemnt as well.

Reason why it was not working was discrepancy in usr/include/libindi. in new environment it was larger by 100kb and it contained "abstractbaseclient.h" among other things that "older" version was missing.

Simply copping /usr/include/libindi didindeed fix the problem with "Use of overloaded operator "[]" is ambiguous". I am not sure why it was not updating properly by default.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Outta.
1 year 6 months ago #88164

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

• Thank you received: 4

• Thank you received: 17

• Thank you received: 4
Pawel, many thanks. The `operator "[]" is ambiguous` warnings are gone with the new version on GitHub. What remains are the `parameter passing for argument of type ... changed in GCC 7.1`. But this is maybe another topic.
1 year 5 months ago #88853
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 168
The parameter passing warning is harmless (and you can't do anything about it except disable the warning with -Wno-psabi) if you aren't mixing libraries compiled with pre-GCC 7.1 with GCC 7.1+ which is very rarely the case when the same distro compiler is used for everything (and GCC 7.1 was released already in May 2017). GCC 7.1 documentation states: "On ARM targets (arm*-*-*), a bug introduced in GCC 5 that affects conformance to the procedure call standard (AAPCS) has been fixed. The bug affects some C++ code where class objects are passed by value to functions and could result in incorrect or inconsistent code being generated. This is an ABI change. If the option -Wpsabi is enabled (on by default) the compiler will emit a diagnostic note for code that might be affected."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronald Schreiber
1 year 5 months ago #88863

Time to create page: 1.101 seconds