INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver OnStep (LX200 like) for INDI

• Thank you received: 22
For anybody wanting a quick fix (in the case you have good sky. :P) building from Azwing's git should fix you up until we get it sorted out. Don't forget(like I do) to build 3rd party.
github.com/azwing/indi

@azwing I wish I could bottle this rain and send it. I have friends out in Oklahoma dry as a bone too. Instead I washed the mud off the car today in the rain - a seemingly futile gesture but it was no longer white...or see through. Also, I think we need to go ahead and patch main or lots of crash reports will be forthcoming.

@knro I tried to make a pr at git hub...I hope it wasn't a big mistake or too broad as I've not tried to do that before! - Looks right though, and we have quite a few changes from stable.
Or I pretend to be helping. :jester:
5 years 7 months ago #28164

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
@knro,

Here is a pull request with the buffer fixes.

github.com/indilib/indi/pull/668

That should get stable back to working condition.

I can now start OnStep's INDI, and slew, track, ...etc.

@azwing, if you can check the PR to see if I missed any other places where the buffer length should change?
5 years 7 months ago #28167

• Thank you received: 71
@ Khalid,

yes your changes are OK as far it corrects only the bug for version 1.3, no need to change version

@ Jasem
PR #667 includes all the (untested) changes we made since version 1.3 (February 2018) into master and is "in progress" version 1.4, may be this is the reason why Blueshawk closed it before merge.

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells
5 years 7 months ago #28178

The buffer length only PR was accepted and merged by Jasem.

It is a quick and safe stop gap to get the stable version working again, without introducing new functionality (gives more time for testing).

@Jasem, when will a new stable release be available?
5 years 7 months ago #28184

Khalid,

thanks you for the help to make stable functional again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid
5 years 7 months ago #28189

No problem. I was not able to test OnStep anymore, with my STM32 port.

I tested my functioning mount (Vixen Sky Sensor 2000 PC) and it was not functioning either. So submitted a PR for it as well. Got accepted.

But no word from Jasem as to when a stable release update will be made.
5 years 7 months ago #28190

Khalid,
Don't forget where Jasem is located. He must be sleeping ... or Observing now :-)
For the release I know that Raspberry version is a daily snapshot so should be available tomorrow
Kubuntu is another storry but since indi is available via Jasem's PPA it should be quick.
For official packages on other distributions it is a long process and even worse.
I am working on Debian, the packages are really old and 3rdparty not supported at all due to Debian Policy not using closed code or binaries.
So I use the official git and compile indi on a daily basis as I do for KStars.
It happened sometimes that I could not compile, but this is the game, a quick check, a bug report or correction to Jasem and it is solved most the time during the day.
5 years 7 months ago #28191

I am using Xubuntu, and Jasem's PPA.

No rush, since I compiled locally anyways to test the pull requests.
5 years 7 months ago #28192

• Thank you received: 22
@ Alain Yep. That's exactly what happened. I realized it was a better solution so I closed pr#667. Hope you feel better.

I also use Xubuntu (16.04) for Kstars/ekos from Jasem's ppa on the desktop
and indiserver compiled from Azwing's git on an Odroid-xu4 running Armbian 16.04 at the mount.

STILL raining here and hard. Flood watches in effect. :ohmy:
5 years 7 months ago #28196

@Blueshawk,

Good, it seems we are on the same line :-)
I would feel a little better but will be forced to stay at rest till mid October
Fortunately even without that I could not do naything on my observatory, it is so hot here that pouring concrete is qui impossible, it would dry before hardening
At least there is a good side effect, I dry figs in industrial scale which is normally reserver to Tunisia, Algeria or Morroco ...
Global warming does not exist most probably it is Alsace that slipped south !!!
Night are still very short (4 hours) and cloudy but still no water (2mm this week) I even could not see the moon eclipse because of clouds.

Since I am stuck to the chair I will bench test and clean the driver code a bit.

@ Khalid,
I will try also to see your implementation of OnStep Alpha with the actual development version. I fear something is broken there because you probably use the alignmenrt as per version 1.3 and James changed this and replaces (partially) with a new tab which I would like to test.

Regards
5 years 7 months ago #28200

I am using only the Alpha version of OnStep itself, with the stable INDI for OnStep. Things work well as far as I can test. I don't test extensively every function though, because there are things I don't need, like Parking/Unparking for example.

If you want to test the change that does the Mount Model, don't use my branch, since it is behind Alpha. Use the pull request for Mount Model as a diff and then apply it to your Alpha, and it should merge successfully.

My thinking is that once we include the OnStep Mount Model in OnStep proper, then no new code is needed for alignment on the INDI side. We still need 1-Star ... 3-Star buttons with an Align button next to it, like we have in stable today. Perhaps increase the number of star buttons to 6, although that may be overkill.

Then instead of using INDI's new code, use the workflow I described (click on n-Star, go to Mount Model, add the same number of stars, then click the Play button. Nothing else is needed in INDI.

Let me know how it goes. If you test it successfully, I will alert Howard again to include the OnStep PR in Alpha.
5 years 7 months ago #28210

@Khalid,
Thanks for the links.
I will try tio set-up this Alpha with your PR and do my test with that version.

Hope I can load this on an Arduino Mega because the Teensy I have is in the mount and ... don't touch a system that is running :-)

Regards
5 years 7 months ago #28225

Time to create page: 0.896 seconds