INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

compilation problem of pyindiclient ubuntu 16.04 LTS

• Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to "pip3 install" or "python3 setup-install" the python client module pyindi-client on a ubuntu 16.04 LTS machine, but I get an error:

/usr/include/c++/5/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support #for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support must be enabled #with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.

cf full log included below.

Indeed, I can solve the error by introducing "-std=c++11" in the compiler. When done, the gcc creates a .o in the ad hoc build/. without any error!
But, I restart the setup.py install, the process is done over again without skiping existing .o, so I need to find where to put this compiler option within the
pyindi-client-0.2.1 distrib. Do you know that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Remi

running build
running build_ext
building '_PyIndi' extension
swigging indiclientpython.i to indiclientpython_wrap.cpp
swig -python -v -Wall -c++ -threads -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libindi -o indiclientpython_wrap.cpp indiclientpython.i
Language subdirectory: python
Search paths:
./
/usr/include/
/usr/include/libindi/
./swig_lib/python/
/usr/share/swig3.0/python/
./swig_lib/
/usr/share/swig3.0/
Preprocessing...
Starting language-specific parse...
/usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:33: Warning 322: Redundant redeclaration of 'MAXRBUF',
/usr/include/libindi/indibase.h:8: Warning 322: previous declaration of 'MAXRBUF'.
/usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:238: Warning 325: Nested struct not currently supported (BLOBMode ignored)
/usr/include/libindi/basedevice.h:29: Warning 322: Redundant redeclaration of 'MAXRBUF',
/usr/include/libindi/indibase.h:8: Warning 322: previous declaration of 'MAXRBUF'.
Processing types...
C++ analysis...
/usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:55: Warning 403: Class 'INDI::BaseClient' might be abstract, no constructors generated,
/usr/include/libindi/indibase.h:83: Warning 403: Method INDI::BaseMediator::newDevice(INDI::BaseDevice *) might not be implemented.
Processing nested classes...
Generating wrappers...
x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libindi -I/usr/include/python3.5m -c indiclientpython_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.5/indiclientpython_wrap.o
cc1plus: warning: command line option ‘-Wstrict-prototypes’ is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
In file included from /usr/include/c++/5/thread:35:0,
from /usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:27,
from indiclientpython_wrap.cpp:3610:
/usr/include/c++/5/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support #for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support must be enabled #with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
#error This file requires compiler and library support \
^
In file included from indiclientpython_wrap.cpp:3610:0:
/usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:254:5: warning: identifier ‘nullptr’ is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]
std::thread *listen_thread=nullptr;
^
/usr/include/libindi/baseclient.h:254:10: error: ‘thread’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type
std::thread *listen_thread=nullptr;
^
error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
6 years 3 months ago #22209

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
OK, I answer my own topic, because I found a solution in the forum... after a fair number of hours.

The answer to how do I add a compilation option to an existing distribution of pyindi-client is, go in setup.py file and edit the section (red color edit):

pyindi_module = Extension('_PyIndi',
sources=,
language='c++',
extra_compile_args=[ '-std=c++11'],
extra_objects = [join(libindipath, 'libindiclient.a')]

That worked perfectly in my case.

Cheers,

Remi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Jean-Luc
6 years 3 months ago #22212

• Thank you received: 88
Hi Rémi,
Thanks for reporting (and for giving the answer), I don't rebuild the package very often.
I just made the update on pypy.org (version 0.2.2).
Jean-Luc.
6 years 3 months ago #22269

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds