INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion nautilus 7x1.25 filter wheel no indi drivers

Please make a spreadsheet and in it list the action, the command, and the response received. It appears to be just an ASCII based protocol with nothing complicated so far.
6 years 5 hours ago #24617

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Ok will do my best.
Thank you
6 years 2 hours ago #24622

Ok, this is the serial command I found while sniffing and the response.
my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZG2n87Z...BoHvE1O2wRDNLk849le7

I was typing command in serial terminal. My sniffer was showing me a lot of other thing that I dont understand, like Modbus RTU and other really complicated things that I don't understand that look like whats in the files I previously sent you in another comment.
Do you need more than the serial command and theyr action?
The serial beaud rate seem to be programmable, I can set 9600 and it work and I can set 19200 it work too, I think the software set it to 19200.
The. windows driver seem totally bugged, I always have to plug unplug the usb after a close to be able to reconnect, I hope in Linux that will fix that

Tell me whats yoo need I'll do my best.
Thank you
Martin
5 years 11 months ago #24641

I think the information your provided is enough for now. Hopefully in the next week I can come up with a preliminary driver for this.
5 years 11 months ago #24656

ok, Just wait before working on it, It seem that I have a problem with my filter wheel under linux, the lsusb command don't detect my filter wheel, and It don't create a /dev/ttyUSB0 , nothing. Mayb the Quantum driver will work if I can find a way to communicate with serial terminal first. Just wait before putting effort in it It mayb be another problem than I tough.
5 years 11 months ago #24660

Right, maybe it's not a serial-usb device since you mentioned modbus? Anyway, let me know the results of your investigation into this.
5 years 11 months ago #24661

Ok I can get it listed with lsusb, it is creating port /dev/ttyACM0 , wich is the same as the quantum driver, but nothing more, the Quantum driver is mayb not issuing the same command I dont know how to find and edit the driver. It mayb simple as editing the existing Quantum driver and change serial command issued to the one of my filter wheel.
I think it really need its own driver to work.
5 years 11 months ago #24662

UPDATE: The quantum driver seem to work with it. For some reasons I am trying to find I played with something that made it work. I am trying to reproduce ot, but you don't have to put effort on writting another driver
I am investigating what I've done that make it work
5 years 11 months ago #24663

Here is what I think happened. When I was trying to acess the filter wheel directly with serial terminal, I experienced problem with ressouce or device busy error. Reading on the internet I came across a solution about removing the modemmanger:
sudo apt-get purge modemmanager
Mayb that is what was preventing the driver to communicate with the filter wheel, tricking me thinking that it was a wrong driver.
Now I can connect my filter wheel correctly.
Thats is the only thing I can think about I have made that change.
Sorry about that, if that can help others its cool.
so Nautilus Filter wheel = Quantum filter wheel
5 years 11 months ago #24665

• Thank you received: 6
Just an FYI. I have the Nautilus 4 position 2" filter. This worked perfectly first try using the Quantum drivers. Thanks for the thread!
4 years 4 months ago #45657

• Thank you received: 0
Dear all,
I'm thinking to buy a new Orion Nautilus filter-wheel 2" 4positions.
After to read the post I understand that I only need to say on my astroberry to use the quantum filters-wheel driver, don't it?
Thanks a lot.
Any suggestions about it?
Thanks for to confirm that is correct and works under ARM (astroberry) platform.

Pep
2 years 1 month ago #80586

Time to create page: 0.860 seconds