INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to use local and remote server in EKOS

• Thank you received: 5
Hi,
I have now EKOS running on an RPi2 and an indiserver on an old RPi. On the latter I connect the EQMOD and a joystick.
When launching EKOS I select INDI mode to be remote. EKOS perfectly controls the EQMOD telescope and the joystick.

My ZWO ASI 120MC I would like now to connect to the RPi2 on which the KStars and EKOS instance is running. The reason is that in this way I avoid transferring images over the WiFi network.

How can I now connect a device on the local machine with the control of devices on a remote machine?
Is there a way to select local and remote INDI servers?

I first thought about SSH port forwarding but that does not work i think.
In the future I would like to have an RPi2 for DOME control and one for the weather station. In total I would use all 4 machines in the same environment if that is possible?
Any hints?
Thanks in advance!!!
Stefan
8 years 2 months ago #7048

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 95
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Oleg.
8 years 2 months ago #7049

• Thank you received: 46
look at the documentation, I dont remember the syntax offhand for starting them, but you can cascade indi servers such that all of the devices on other servers will show up on one of them, then connect to that one with your kstars instance. I've done this before when I have multiple clients taking the same data from the camera. One indi server locally, cascaded to the remote one with the camera. This way only one copy of the image traverses the network, and the local server delivers it to multiple local clients.
8 years 2 months ago #7050

• Thank you received: 51
Hello Stefan,
The image transfer was one of my concern. That was the aim of a question I asked to Jasem: how to store the images locally on the RPi or Odroid equipped with a 32 or 64Gb SD card?
As it is possible, this is the solution I tested and it works fine so I will use it.
I wrote two python scripts to get back images afterwards the shooting session to the controlling device (for the moment my laptop). The first one on laptop do launch indi server and a transfer server on remote. This is under testing but looks to work fine for the moment. I can share it but it could be needed to adapt it to specifics setups.
The only images that can travel through wifi or any USB cable are the one for astrometry and focusing.
In my opinion, the less there is devices implied in controlling the set-up, the easier it is to make all of it works fluently.
CS
Patrick
8 years 2 months ago #7056

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds