INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus frames get saved instead of 'Light' frames

• Thank you received: 76
Here's a strange one. I'm running a sequence right now with 1 queue entry for 20xLight frames.
I have ticked the 'Focus if HFR > x' box so its focusing between frames.
Now I'm starting to notice some of the Light files being saved are not the actual Light images but the focus frames.
Its really strange.... I'm watching it now and of course when I watch it, its fine. If I leave it and go make a cup of tea and come back,,, then I have these small focus frame files saved instead. Very strange.

I've attached some screenshots to prove what I'm seeing but I have no idea how to reproduce it. One thing I did do was add/remove/add/remove/add the sequence queue entry at the start as I kept selecting the wrong options and only noticing after starting the sequence. (filter,prefix,temp etc etc) so maybe it got in some sort of weird state by doing this..

Anyone else seen this
7 years 7 months ago #9913
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OK more info. I think its something to do with what I did at the start of the sequence. Adding the entry, starting the sequence, stopping the sequence, deleting the entry, changing settings, re-adding the entry, starting the sequence, stopping the sequence etc etc etc x3.
I see in the screenshot the line was 'idle' even though it was imaging.. Also then it stopped as if complete and started up again on its own..
Then I grabbed this screenshot

And I see its taking a Light frame with the focus subframe.

I've killed kstars and restarted my sequence clean and I think its ok now.

Derek
7 years 7 months ago #9914
Attachments:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it started happening me again tonight...

I watched it while it was happening...So while ekos focuses between frames I was watching the fits viewer. There were 3 tabs open (guide, light_021, focus). All 3 tabs look fine now while its focusing. Then once focus is finished, the image in the light_021 tab changes to the focus subframe image and it gets saved. I'm pretty sure it did save the full Light_021 fits file because I saw the full size file on the filesystem before it got overwritten by the small focus-subframe file.

I seem to have lost about 50% of my 20 frames before I just stopped ekos and closed up the observatory.

Derek
7 years 6 months ago #10452

Please attach KStars logs
7 years 6 months ago #10457

Attached a screenshot where you can see the date-time of the small files created...

Also the attached logs, but I cant see anythin unusual around that time. Except some reference to an older astrometry file related to an image that I took weeks ago...
2016-09-27T22:03:04.972 - WARN - No node found for item that was just removed: QUrl("file:///home/dokeeffe/Light/HA/NGC6888_moonlight_Light_HA_010.new")
Although this file is still in my Light dir intact...

I'm going to try to reproduce again with simulators.
Derek
7 years 6 months ago #10472
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.720 seconds