INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Error saving sequence images

• Thank you received: 5
I've updated to the latest version of kstars, built from git commit e78a098148ae1cdf061cc213adc68503c6f72e7f

Whilst this appears to fix a crash I was having when opening file/save dlg in xfce, it has introduced a new issue. Connecting to indi remotely and taking a preview exposure works fine, it notes that image saved to /home/gary/IMAGE_001.fits If however I add the current settings as a sequence and start it, when it tries to download the image it fails to save, with the error:

2016-10-05T19:43:31: Error iterating directory /home/gary/Light/Filter #5. No such file or directory

Once this error occurs, preview no longer works either. I repeated the above with filter names that did not contain spaces just in case, but the error remains.

Whilst I think on, do you have a bug tracker or preferred way for receiving future bug reports?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Gary.
7 years 6 months ago #10601

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes please file at bugs.kde.org

Will check this whenever I have time.
7 years 6 months ago #10609

Replied by Gary on topic Error saving sequence images

Done some more testing on this. The problem appears to occur when the "BOTH" option is selected for image upload. Whilst the directory I selected /home/gary/session or even just /home/gary exists on both client and remote machine, once a sequence is started it will create "Light/5" i.e Type/FilterName/ subfolders on the client but not on the remote machine.

Manually making the subfolders on the remote also will avoid the error (as does changing upload to just CLIENT) although it would be more convenient if the sub directories were created on the remote automatically just as they are on the local machine.
7 years 6 months ago #10672

I just tested this here, and used "BOTH", and it worked flawlessly. Most likely the issue is with permission of /home/gary on the remote machine, make sure the owner is gary:gary and that its permission is 755
7 years 6 months ago #10674

Replied by Gary on topic Error saving sequence images

Permissions are already 755 and owner/group is gary. Can't see anything permission wise that would prevent it making the folders.

Local machine creates the Light, Dark etc and Filter name folders, remote machine does not. Once manually created, image saving will works fine.

It's a minor issue though as I don't tend to use BOTH mode anyway and I can create those folders myself if needed. If nobody else is seeing it, then it's prob not worth spending any more time on.
7 years 6 months ago #10676

Time to create page: 0.679 seconds