INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars Crash using Ekos with profile that starts Indi remotely

• Thank you received: 4
If I use a profile that should start Indi from an Ekos client Kstars crashes without any report.
I am running Ubuntu Mate on both Client (Intel X64) and on Raspberry 2. All latest updates using PPA. (I am no Linux expert and would like to find logs, BUT WHERE?? as little newbie diagnostic guidance seems available short of scanning forum)

it seems to have no effect what devices are involved, even the Sims, when the start indi is selected it crashes. If I start Indi using web manager via browser with copy profile all seems fine.

Any assistance welcomed as i seem to take one step forward and two back. Glad its not clear skies.
SW Equinox 80ED, ZWO 120mm, Pegasus FocusCube, EQMod (EQ5 Pro)
7 years 5 months ago #10642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #10660

Hi,

Many thanks for the debug guidance. I will use this as best I can in future.

On this failure though I have established that it was the selection of Nikon DSLR driver that was causing the crash. If I use the Gphoto driver then the crash does not occur. Confused why there should be a Nikon Driver as it seems (According to forum posts) Gphoto is used in all DSLR cases.
7 years 5 months ago #10669

Funny you mention this now as I just got this crash on the very same thing. It is resolved now (tomorrow PPA update)

EDIT: actually this is only applicable when using INDI Web Manager remotely, are you using that?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 5 months ago #10671

Yes I am.
7 years 5 months ago #10675

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds