INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Not saving frames from Nikon d5500 when set with "native" mode

• Thank you received: 23
Hi all -

I am experimenting with a client setup connected to my Nikon d5500 (and very new to INDI).

I have a Raspberry PI 3 connected to my d5500, the server started using the web interface set up with a Nikon DSLR. I spin up Ekos in a VM on my mac, connect as a client to the pi, start the indi server, and connect to the camera- all is well. Preview works, everything looks as it should.

When I try to take actual shots - that is the part isn't working how I want. When I have the camera settings set to FITS with compression off and take a real shot (sequence of 1) it downloads fine - takes about 80 seconds to transfer and save to the VM that Ekos is running on. When I switch to FITS/Compressed it takes about 60 seconds. In each case it saves the file to the specified directory.

If I switch to native instead of FITS the time to download drops down to about 20 seconds- but all it does is open up the Nikon DSLR viewer - it doesn't automatically save the file. Is there a setting that I am missing? I would really rather post-process these on the faster machine than on the PI.

Thanks,

-jamie

(I hope this isn't a dup - I tried to post and it gave no confirmation and I couldn't find it)
7 years 5 months ago #11029

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just found this post "pending". Anyway, all these issues should be fixed by now.
7 years 5 months ago #12498

• Thank you received: 23
Oh yes, it's all good now
7 years 5 months ago #12562

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds