INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alignment slew to target fails

• Thank you received: 34
Hi
I just tried my fresh setup to do an alignment with slew to target and a fresh updated kstars/indi from git.
I usualy do it by selecting a mag ~3 star and select "eqmod->track" and then I go to the alignent tab and solve.
The problem is, I dont know what the problem is. It solves the image, slews a tiny bit but it continuously says accuracy not met.
I recorded a video, maybe someone can give me a hint what I am doing wrong.

--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
7 years 4 months ago #12056

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is it normal that after it solved a image that it slews to the "telescope coordinates" and not to the "solution coordinates"? :huh:
7 years 4 months ago #12057

It says difference is 34 degrees which is impossible and something is very wrong. Also, in EQMod Options tab, is alignment set to EQMod or INDI Alignment Subsystem? Please attach the KStars logs for the above, assuming you enabled logs already for INDI & Alignment in KStars settings. Btw, you can turn of debayering & cube3D in KStars advanced options as well, this will make the FITSViewer a bit faster and consumes less memory.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 4 months ago #12060

in EQMOD->Options->Alignment Method is set to EQMod Align.
Of cause! :S I did not enable logs. But I did a second session with the same result.
eqmod & kstars log attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_eqmod...1:35.txt
File Size:718 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20:14:17.txt
File Size:4 KB

Maybe I should start over with a clean indi/kstars and delete all config files from the old kstars version.
7 years 4 months ago #12063
Attachments:

KStars log does not contain Alignment log, did you enable that in Settings? Please update to latest KStars/INDI via PPA and try again with INDI/Alignment checkboxes checked in KStars advanced settings.
7 years 4 months ago #12081

Ok, will try next session if sky clears.
7 years 4 months ago #12083

Next session. I just had an successful alignment but then my client froze again two 20 seconds later! :evil: :pinch: (I guess this is still an usbip issue).
Nevertheless after that again I was not able to get an alignment. The star Kaou Phi was already in the view but after the first solve it did not center. I could hear the mount steppers just doing some steps but I have absolutly no idea why it did not slew to center the star. I hope there is something useful in the logs.

@jasem, what log exactly do you need for this kind of issue? This is going quite confusing:
kstars-enabled log in advances settings: ~/.local/share/kstars/logs (client machine)
ekos-debug-related log enabled in ekos eqmod tab: /root/.indi/ (server machine)
do you need both of them? If I have already enabled all logging to fle in kstars advanced setting
do I have to enable debug logging everytime again in the ekos tabs?

New unsuccessful Video:

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_eqmod...9:02.txt
File Size:4,754 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars-log...2:12.txt
File Size:633 KB
7 years 4 months ago #12362
Attachments:

Thanks for the logs, they're useful. No need for EQMod logs if you already enabled Debug to "session" since all INDI messages are also logged to KStars log (if INDI Logging was selected, which is was). So yes you need to enable Debug in EQMod everytime (until I make it saved to config as some point).

At any rate, it looks like SYNC was never issued in the logs which is very odd and I don't know why it's not being issued as everything else looks OK. I also noticed you were running 2.7.1 even though 2.7.2 is already release in the PPA a while ago, you didn't update the PPA?

I also noticed that your KStars was paused, why?
7 years 4 months ago #12383

:pinch: and I was wondering why this little time box was not showing up! Sorry I missed that totally. I'm embarrassed.
Maybe that is the reason that it did not align?

I dont use PPA. Kstars was built on 13th Nov. from git. I will now built kstars/indi just right before every session that I record.
Since this morning my control-box is totally disassembled because I rewire everything. Once it is assembled again
I will test alignment again, but this can take a while.
I'll report back!
So far, thanks!
7 years 4 months ago #12385

Well, I've seen this mistake before by another user so I made it now 'unpause' if it was paused as soon as you start Ekos. So one less mistake to worry about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauledd
7 years 4 months ago #12386

I have just tested slew to target again and it worked. I think the issue was kstars was paused.
7 years 3 months ago #13234

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Paul do you have a video of a successful polar alignment on youtube.

Cheers

Jumans
7 years 1 month ago #14362

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds