INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler shutdown procedure script works but indi server stops

• Thank you received: 0
I am using the scheduler shutdown procedure script function to close my observatory roof. For this purpose I have implemented a simple bash script that is calling via ssh another script on raspi. The raspi is closing a contact and by that the garagedoor motor closes the roof. So far so simple.
I am not using the indi library but just 2 scrpits and it works.
What I however observe is that after the shutdown procedure script completes the indi server has stopped (crashed ? don't know yet) leaving the devices connected. Meaning when I restart Indi the device are connected.
Don't know if this is a bug are not expected behavior because shutdown procedure script expects the usage of the indi library.
7 years 4 months ago #13052

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFTER shutdown procedure is successfully executed then INDI server is shutdown (if local) and Ekos is stopped. I think I'll make this part configurable as well.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong, it is executed before the shutdown script. Will move it after shutdown script and make it configurable.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 4 months ago #13062

• Thank you received: 0
My INDI server is not local but remote on a raspi and EKOS is still runnig, so I expect that something is going wrong with the bash script within EKOS/INDI? However the script works and the roof is closing.
7 years 4 months ago #13070

The script must return/exist with 0 to indicate success, otherwise it is considered a failure
7 years 4 months ago #13083

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds