INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What would you like to see in Ekos in 2017?

• Thank you received: 375
The mount should rotate RA axis to the exact Polaris hour angle BEFORE you touch the knobs. This exact position sets the destination for Polaris in your polar scope. You get there by adjusting the knobs.

PS. Jasem, why don't we move this part of discussion to a separate topic? Same for any discussion on other features.
7 years 3 months ago #13648
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 51
Just to fix the things: In EQMOD process, the polar finder must be accurately adjusted (I mean align with the mount mechanical axis). And it is necessary to set an intial position for polaris (generally 6h). And then you can run the EQMOD process.
What I understand about Polar Alignement and Sync:
There is no real connection between polar alignment and sync, Sync is used to teach the mount how to point at a precise point. Sync is used to build an equation of the sky.
So you can make sync with poor polar alignment. The offsets on each axis will be taken in account in the sky equation.

@Kackzorek: Maybe there is an existing topic ongoing somewhere in the list of topics.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Patrick.
7 years 3 months ago #13650
  • Thank you received: 5
I'll also add my thanks for a nice application. I just set up AstroBerry-Piface and have been playing with it as part of a remote/local combination to get things going. Hope to turn the Pi into an Observatory controller, but more on that in another thread at another time.

For Ekos, I would really like the ability to import a target list. Ideally from a spreadsheet (look at how Word does it for mail merge), but a comma/tab/other delimited text file is OK. In my case, the same camera controls could be used for all targets and the output file could be named in the input file or one could use a directory/target_name method

We are imaging double stars for Speckle/autocorrelation, as such wee often have a list of 200-2000 targets. The 16 12 27 file is what we use for capture and automated reduction. The other two are from DeepSky. "planning" function in KStars and CDC are not options. The " on every cell of the text file can be scrubbed as needed (python?). I haven't found a good Linux based planning tool with parametric searches so a generic file format is probably the most flexible.

So an import function, but think 1000 plus objects.

Great question, thank you again. Not sure the forum liked the excel files... trying again
7 years 3 months ago #13683
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 76
I wrote a python script to generate an ekos schedule xml file from a csv file if its any help. Its hacked together!! and only works for the AAVSO objects in need of observation CSV file... Also currently it uses the same sequence for each schedule job which is not ideal. Its still a work in progress but may help you to write something similar. github.com/dokeeffe/bh-observatory/blob/...equence_generator.py
7 years 3 months ago #13690
  • Thank you received: 6
To help DSLR procesing I'd like to see a way to pickup and record the relative DSLR sensor temperature estimate and import into the filename.

I understand this is probably a big ask since it involves some magic with EXIF fields, would vary with each DSLR model and may require some collaboration to calibrate for each case but it is useful in the overall workflow.
7 years 3 months ago #13697
  • Thank you received: 5
dokeeffe, looks like a good start, will take a look. Import function is still IMHO needed as a basic part of Ekos at some point.
7 years 3 months ago #13704
  • Thank you received: 12
I would like to be able to use ekos scheduler and prepare in advance my sessions of acquisition of images. Being nomadic, I can create my sequences only in the field, with all the equipment installed. The ideal would be to be able to create them at home, simulating my hardware setup. But maybe it is already possible?
7 years 3 months ago #13851

You can use the simulators. You might need to edit the sequence file afterwards to make it fit your situation, it's self-explanotary in a way.
7 years 3 months ago #13857
Ok folks, I'm locking this topic. There are many great ideas here but I don't want to get lost. For each idea please open a separate topic in the Wishlist forum so I can keep track of them.
7 years 3 months ago #13858
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds