INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

slewing inbetween captures

• Thank you received: 0
As I don't yet have an autoguider, I would still love the option to ditther between images. So is there a way I can automtically programme my mount to move x number of pixels in between each light frame? Manual dithering is a lot of work and I would like to avoid this. Can this be done under ekos?

Thanks in advance

Richard
7 years 2 months ago #13721

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76

Replied by Derek on topic slewing inbetween captures

In the guide module, press the options button and its in there.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Derek.
7 years 2 months ago #13722
Attachments:

Sorry I just re-read your message, you say you dont have a guider so I guess my answer is not much use. The only thing I can think of possibly is to use the post-capture script feature in the capture module. You could write a python script to interact directly with the indi driver and move the mount a tiny bit.
This script would get called after each capture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 2 months ago #13726

• Thank you received: 0
I'm using a 300mm zoom lens so I was hoping not to have to buy an autoguider camera just so I could dither. So if your solution is doable I will be very happy indeed.

I wasn't able to find the post capture script. Also I don't have the knowledge to write a python script but would be obliged if you could point me in the right direction. I own a Celestron AVX mount. The manual states always to finish moving your mount with either the up or right arrow key on the hand controller. I'm assuming this keeps the gears tight and minimizes backlash. Anyway, with the script, I would want my mount to move in this manner.

This is exciting software. Polar alignment,focus and then slewing in between images. It's more than I thought possible through linux!

Richard
7 years 2 months ago #13732

Here is where I see it on my system. Under File settings on the left.
To write a python script, there is a tutorial here that might help get started...www.indilib.org/support/tutorials/166-in...on-raspberry-pi.html maybe practice with the telescope simulator and see if you can write a script to move the mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Konrad
7 years 2 months ago #13754
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds