INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Alignment module always solves same image

• Thank you received: 4
Hello,

I've been facing a weird issue tonight while trying for the first time the alignment module of Ekos. I am using the Sync option, and the solver seems to be always running on the same first captured image. So my telescope (controlled through Nexstar driver) was pointing and tracking Centaurus A. I run the solver with Sync option on this and it seemed to work. But after this I've slewed to Omega Centauri, and tried to run the solver again. So it did take a new 15s capture (I can here the shutter of the camera), and I was surprised to see the solver giving me a result very quickly. But then I realised the result was the exact same one as the first image captured. The alignment module synced with this new solution, which obviously broke the alignment of the telescope.

Is there something obvious I'm missing somewhere? Has anyone faced a similar issue?

Not sure what information is relevant, but here is my setup:
Latest Ekos running on a laptop with Xubuntu 16.04
Canon EOS 5d Mark II controlled with GPhoto INDI driver
14" EdgeHD telescope controlled with Nexstar INDI driver

Thanks for your answers.
7 years 2 months ago #14062

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
Can you check your solver options that are passed to the solve-field command.
Make sure you have a '-O' in there.

Something like this... (note this is from my laptop so dont copy this exactly, just use for reference...)

--no-verify --no-plots --resort --no-fits2fits --downsample 2 -O -L 19.3223 -H 26.6952 -u aw -3 345.725 -4 29.3322 -5 30
7 years 2 months ago #14065

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds