INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote Host - Multi Device Chain

• Thank you received: 11
I'm struggling to get Ekos (Ubuntu 16.04 Laptop) set up to remote host with two Raspberry Pi 3.

Both RPI happily running updated Ubuntu Mate
All three on the same LAN network
Both RPI have static IP
Both RPI are set up and accessible through ssh
Both RPI have Indi Web Manager installed and working beautifully via 8624 from laptop browser

Ekos "see's" and communicates with each RPI separately but I can't for the life of me add both together in the remote Host: string

Someone put me out of my misery please?
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
7 years 2 months ago #14529
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unfortunately, this is currently not supported via INDI Web Manager. You can chain the two PIs yourself (start one INDI server at #1, then start at #2, and chain to #1), but no via INDI Web Manager.
7 years 2 months ago #14531

Ok, that's not a major issue.

Once both RPI3 are started and chained manually via ssh and terminal command what should I set as the remote Host in the Ekos profile?

Keith
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
7 years 2 months ago #14534

Yes, but do not check "INDI Web Manager".
7 years 2 months ago #14538

OK. Have siccessfully chained both Raspberry Pi's and launch them using ssh and local bash scripts. Ekos happily connects to the Primary and operates very nicely. Have only used four simulated devices, two on each rpi, so am hoping to connect my mount and equipment sometime next week.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Keith Cobby.
7 years 2 months ago #14554

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds