INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Control Panel Tab relocation

• Thank you received: 19
I have the same problem as you and as you I have no answer to the same question. IS THERE ANYBODY HERE ????
6 years 10 months ago #16426

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No, it's 800x800 which fits on even small screens.
6 years 10 months ago #16428

• Thank you received: 11
Thanks for the reply Mutlaqa. I'm using KDE NEON on a 1366 x 768 HP laptop and simply cannot get the Ekos Control panel to adjust to the screen size. Even with borders off I cannot get the entire panel to display. If the tabs across the top were on the left it would free up vertical space and reveal a whole panel.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 10 months ago #16440

Hi Jasem,

There is an abundance of window room horizontally on the Ekos Control panel but my 768p laptop screen cuts off the bottom; even with borders removed and on full screen I can only see the first line of the scrolling window. Attached are a few screen shots reflecting the limited view of the lower window. I've searched around for a utility to attempt a rescale of my KDE NEON resolution, to meet the 800px vertical the Ekos Control panel is sized to, but with no success. On an HDMI output to a larger 1080p screen its not a problem however, I use my laptop with my completely mobile astrophotography setup.

Shifting the tabs to the side, while it might be somewhat Ubuntu-Unity-esq, would balance the dimensions and free up the lower scrolling window for us poor, fixed resolution laptop users.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 10 months ago #16884
Attachments:

Ok I added an option to Ekos for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith Cobby, gehelem, Hellriegel, Derek, MORELLI, Jim
6 years 10 months ago #16890

Ekos is it's full glory. Truly a beautiful sight for anyone with 768 vertical resolution. Thanks Jasem
6 years 10 months ago #16928
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 6
I had the exact same issue and I am glad that Jasem added that button. It is better now but I still have part of the screen not showing. Beside the "button to the left" configuration did you change anything else ? I am also on a 1366 x 768 laptop screen.
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
6 years 9 months ago #17017
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 19
I agree Vox45. I have the same screen 1366*768. It is worse with a 7' tablet or smartphone as remote control.

And more, could Ekos be an "independant" feature from Kstars, allowing to manage it like a true software ? In this way, managing windows size should be easier.
6 years 9 months ago #17042

Ok after looking carefully at your screenshots I noticed that you also removed the border of ekos (checked "no border" in More Action)

After fiddling a bit I noticed this behavior:

(1) screen is fine BEFORE clicking on "start INDI", I can see the whole screen and Options/Clear button show up

(2) once INDI is started, the "Clear" button is hidden

(3) I click on the losange to shrink the window

(4) when I expand the window then the "clear" button is now half visible (at least I now can clear the log window)

so it seems that even at that resolution we should be able to see the screen as we see it before clicking on the 'start INDI' button... Hopefully this can be fixed.
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Yannic Delisle.
6 years 9 months ago #17049
Attachments:

rmor51
I think you request for an independent Ekos warrants a new topic. Feel free to create one.
6 years 9 months ago #17060

Vox45

I see and confirm your observation regarding the screen resizing after 'Start Indi' is actioned. I would imagine this has something to do with the other expected tabbed screens needing the extra bloat. Some of the other screens are quite dense with fields and feature frames. I tried forcing some KDE window settings conditions but it gets really ugly and squished. Removing the border and using Alt+F3 to see the menu again is pretty straight forward.

Using a 2nd screen via the laptop HDMI output does make all these woes go away.
6 years 9 months ago #17061

I agree that since there is a workaround, this issue is not urgent but for the sake of having a polished product this should be adressed at some point :)
6 years 9 months ago #17064

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds