INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues I had last night after v4.5.6, probable cause?

• Thank you received: 226
  1. Solved rotation is 40° behind actual frame rotation. Already reported here
  2. Canon live view stream used to work with 5x zoom enabled
  3. Odd guiding behavior: made large corrections in a sinusoidal pattern with a period of only a couple minutes. (disabled backlash corrections just in case, didn't help. It stabilized itself once on it's own. I had frames come in with stars tracing ovals.
  4. If image are taken while LiveView is enabled, things go horribly awry.
  • Shutter action is delayed until after I hit live view button
  • Captured image comes in blank
  • Camera is stuck trying to write file somewhere, (also an issue with aborted actions)
  • Power cycling camera to clear write buffer causes havoc. Must reboot to reconnect, and other USB device connections interrupted (RPi3)
7 years 3 days ago #15676

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

And yet no logs of anything!
7 years 2 days ago #15690

I have to work out how to make the more in depth logs and attempt to reproduce the problem.
7 years 2 days ago #15692

Ok, part 1 logs with Canon drivers. Mirror lockup is enabled.
Key Events:
~T00:47:57 Capture preview image - success
Enable Live View onboard camera
~T00:48:56 Capture new preview image - Camera shutter actions twice, single frame downloads
Disable Live View, Note blinking available image count, indicating attempt to write image to file.
~T00:51:29 Capture another preview. w/o live view. Image downloads. Counter still blinks.
Re Enable Live View
~T00:54:09 Capture image, shutter actions twice, no image downloads, camera gets stuck on BUSY. After some time INDI driver enters a cycle of failures until Stop Sequence is pressed.

Next: power off Camera; camera attempts to record images from memory to file.
Pull USB allows camera to turn off and back on again.
~T01:00:32 Camera will not reconnect.
Hard power cycle of camera, and reconnecting USB in various fashions does not resolve this state.
I have only managed to clear it up by rebooting.
Also pulling power to the camera resets the RPi3 USB controller, all connected devices are dropped. EQMod Mount disconnects and it's comm port has to be changed tom ttyUSB0 to ttyUSB1)

Deduction. On camera Live View interferes with Mirror Lockup. Incidentally other problems arise if the Live Video stream is enabled while an image is taken. The image coming in blank is not totally accurate, I think it was just a much shorter exposure taken with the mirror lockup trigger.

Edit: I have not been able to replicate the Live Video conflict with 5X zoom enabled in Live View. So why I had issue with it for focusing last night is a bit of a mystery. Probably nothing.
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by Andrew.
7 years 2 days ago #15694
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds