INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Parking scope without Park capability (LX200 & Skysensor)

• Thank you received: 30
> Mr. Barker

Can I contact Jasem and allow all the drivers to run this scripting function?

The parking function of my driver seems to be simply recording absolute time.

Although SynScanAltAz does not have its recording place, UNPark is necessary to operate, and it stops with the Ekos controller each time in order to take a strange behavior.
5 years 7 months ago #28613

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
Jasem saw my issue without Park last week, so please feel free to share just be aware I'm not a real coder so somebody had better check that code!
Also I realised it would probably be easier to integrate using PyIndi code and I have found below step that act as a parking function in three steps:
1. find RaDec of your park (altaz position) - uses astropy module.
2. slew to that using PyIndi
3. switch off tracking using this
telescope_on_coord_set = device_telescope.getSwitch("ON_COORD_SET")
telescope_on_coord_set[0].s = PyIndi.ISS_OFF # TRACK
telescope_on_coord_set[1].s = PyIndi.ISS_OFF # SLEW
telescope_on_coord_set[2].s = PyIndi.ISS_OFF # SYNC
indiclient.sendNewSwitch(telescope_on_coord_set)
I make complete code and tests and send update then see what Jasem and experts think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio
5 years 7 months ago #28622

> Mr. Barker

It is wonderful to realize this function.

A little worrying thing is that it needs to be replaced with INDI's current parking function and it needs to be configured to work even at remote connection.

The current INDI driver has the configuration file locally and feels like using the configuration file on the operating side.
If you do not add the sync function of the INDI driver's configuration file, I think there is a danger that both remote connection and local connection will not be the same behavior.
5 years 7 months ago #28623

> Mr. Barker

In order to realize the Park function without implementing the park function, we think that it is necessary to satisfy the following elements.

· Synchronization of local time of hand controller, synchronization of planetarium software, mounting position information when INDI driver, INDI driver is connected
· Discontinuation of current "park off" button
· Abolition of registration function by absolute position of INDI driver

The park function is useful for users who use mounts mounted at the same location, but if you use mounts that do not have that feature, synchronize the local time and send the current location information of the mount I will tell you Align them.
It is necessary to synchronize all of the INDI driver, planetarium software, hand controller from the PC.

Since the parking function of the current INDI driver is not such a specification, it is a very dangerous situation for mount users who do not have the park function.
5 years 7 months ago #28624

LX200 SkySensor2000PC is based on LX200, but as I see here Parking is not enabled. However, parking is supported for LX200. Do you have any links to SkySensor2000PC commands? I couldn't find any online. We can verify if it supports the Meade parking command and it can be simply enabled.
5 years 7 months ago #28634

> Mr.Jathm

I think Barker's script is useful for adding a parking function to a mount without a Park function.

Currently I use AdvancedVX (hand controller serial) with CerestronGPS driver.

There is no Park function in the hand controller function of AdvancedVX, but the Park function can be used with the INDI driver.
(The hand controller has home commands and custom home settings, but the driver does not have that setting.)

The park function needs to set the latitude and longitude of the current position, the park position of the mount, the alignment information, the current time and the tracking function to off, but the setting of the INDI driver inputs the latitude and longitude information It is that. Celestial body.

It is very dangerous to set a park point using only absolute position without alignment information, latitude / longitude information of current position, current time information.

There is no problem if the driver has the information necessary for the park function like EQMOD, but for drivers who do not have the parking function on the hand controller, I think that problems will arise in the current park setting.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by T-Studio.
5 years 7 months ago #28674

> Jathm

Another mount I use is the SynScanAltAz driver that uses Skywatcher Virtuoso, but this driver will not work until I press the ParkOFF button, but pressing this button moves the mount in an unexpected direction. (I am pushing the stop button immediately.)

Even if you press the park button, unexpected movement will occur. . .

I want to operate the system immediately at home position (Arctic), but I can not set the park's initial value from the driver.
(Everything except the Park function works well)
5 years 7 months ago #28675

One idea,
Can I set the EkosPark function based on Mr. Barker's script by excluding the parking function from the mount driver that does not have the park function?
Ekos has an alignment model, and we can also acquire the relative position of the mount from Kstars, so I think we can realize a trouble free park function.

In order to realize the park function at the driver level, I think that it is necessary to add the Park function of the EQMOD driver to other drivers.
5 years 7 months ago #28677

Sorry for delayed reply it was clear here so priority went to photon collection!

Firstly Jasem,
The SS2K serial commands I used to 'park' (since park doesn't exist only 'Land') are in the code extract I gave in #28610 which works but needs more tests, the LX200 codes are published online (i.e. github.com/syntheticminds/raspberrysky/blob/master/telescope.py.

Here is key points extracted from my code:-
command = "#:AL#" (set mode to Land)
command = "#:MA#" (slew to AltAz coordinates previously given )
command = "#:Q#" (halt the scope) followed by with "#:hN#" (like sleep)

Even if I get this code working/hardened it requires dedicated serial connection using pypi serial, so its not a good INDI solution, hence I'm trying to implement using pyindi. I'm having some ON_COORD-SET Switch issues that I'll send in separate post for checking.

For T-studio,

I'll keep working on a PyINDI solution with my skysensor and simulator setup, if I get it working and hardened we can work on how to integrate it but at present it requires these things:-
a. A know 'park' position to be input in AltAz coords (dms)
b. The precise geodetic EarthLocation (gps, with elevation, locatime is converted to UTC by code)
c. mount setup in accordance with b (obviously will fail if mount thinks its somewhere else, as you say it's dangerous)
5 years 7 months ago #28774

> Mr. Barker

In order to start normally even if the power is turned off, I think that the following information will be needed in addition to Mr. Barker's information.

· Mount type (Equator mount or Alt Az mount)
· Home position (mount source information)

In the current INDI specification, regardless of the mount type, only parking position information exists as parking information.
(Park registration information does not exist for each mount)

I am at INDI,

· CerestronGPS (AdvancedVX)
· SkyWatcher Alt-Az (Skywatcher Virtuoso)
· Digital Setting Circle (Homemade BBox)

If you press the park button, the position information will be damaged and it will not function properly.
5 years 7 months ago #28798

Oops, since it is ground coordinates, time information on the current location is also necessary.

Since the setting information differs between the driver connected serially from the hand controller and the driver directly connected to the mount by serial, it is described below.

● For a driver to be connected serially from the hand controller

· Mount type
· Latitude and longitude of current location → Send to hand controller
· Time of current location → Send to hand controller
· Location information at park (ground coordinates from home position)
· Home position (origin information of telescope, linked with park information and ground coordinates)

When unparking, the latitude and longitude of the present location, the time of the present location are sent to the hand controller, moved from the park position to the home position, registered as a hand controller as a home position after movement. The motion of each axis is linked with the star map according to the mount type.

Then use the hand controller to perform alignment operation.

If you can not perform alignment with a hand controller by remote operation, we will perform alignment with Ekos mount modeling.

● For a driver that connects directly by serial

· Mount type
· Latitude and longitude of current location
· Time of current location
· Park location information (ground coordinates from home location)
· Home position (origin information of telescope, link between park information and ground coordinates)

When unparking, move from the park point to the home position, set the reference point of the mount, and link the motion of each axis to the star map according to the mount type.

If you can not perform alignment with a hand controller by remote operation, we will perform alignment with Ekos mount modeling.

Additional notes
It is even better if alignment information can be recorded, but it will be difficult if the mount can not read the alignment information.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by T-Studio.
5 years 7 months ago #28799

HI Jasem,

I'm still working on getting pyindi basics working to simulate a 'parking' in mounts without the function.

As you know with python serial I got simulated park working with my skysensor using lx200 codes.

I couldn't get pyindi to work. After many debug cycles I reduced the issue back to telescope_on_coord_set switch explained below.

I attach the debug code (.py as .txt) its focussed on the 2 commands:-

1. telescope_on_coord_set[0].s = PyIndi.ISS_OFF # or ISS_ON
2. indiclient.sendNewSwitch(telescope_on_coord_set)

I attach the output using simulator. You can see the switch cycle ON - OFF but I see no effect in the loop showing RA,DEC. I expect when track ISS_ON to show repeated same RA,Dec values. I get same result in both simulator and real skysensor both local and server.

Could you have a quick look to see what I'm missing?
Andrew
5 years 7 months ago #28844
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds