INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on a large monitor

• Thank you received: 6
It would be nice if sections of the Ekos windows were resizable because when I run Ekos on my big monitor the log view takes up about 50% of the height of the window. I would much rather see more of the other parts of the window and be able to shrink down the log view.

I hope to be able to make changes like this myself but I have not had time to look at the code yet to see what it would take. I have programmed in C++ many years ago but for the last couple of decades I have been doing Java and more lately have been doing Objective-C and Swift for mobile apps.
6 years 11 months ago #16530

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812

If you want to try to edit the Ekos windows, I would recommend editing in QT Creator rather than Xcode because the ui files for the dialogs are QT Designer Files. They are actually very easy to edit using QT Creator. It literally is just drag and drop and editing. If you downloaded the script to build kstars from the git, I included a file in there called EditingKStarsInQTCreatorOnOSX.pdf. This file provides a step by step process for getting things set up in QT Creator. This assumes you already ran the script using the cmake option and that you have already installed QT Creator.
6 years 11 months ago #16532

I have mine running on 27" 1080 monitors but on LInux. I presume yours is not HI DPI?
6 years 11 months ago #16549

• Thank you received: 6
I'm running it on a 4k monitor that I am running at 3008x1692.

I have fixed my issue by putting a splitter between the log view and the rest of the screen.
6 years 11 months ago #16559

Ok I'll see if I can add the splitter in the next release. thanks!
6 years 11 months ago #16681

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds