INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos has no minimize button

• Thank you received: 6
I chose Ubuntu Mate as my OS and I am on the latest patches system wide, I noticed that the Ekos windows does not have minimize/maximize buttons, only the X close window button is present.

I tried different theme (I read something about oxygen having issues) and desktop (openSuSE, Mate, etc) without any luck. See picture attached. I've downloaded the VM based on Kubuntu and the issue is not present. So I suspect that it has to do with KDE/Gnome (?) Any idea ?

Should I go for kbuntu or is there a way to change my Ubuntun Mate desktop to KDE and not lose what I've already configured on Gnome ?
"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
6 years 10 months ago #16846
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So I installed Kubuntu and the problem was solved. I then noticed that Kubuntu runs on the same version (17.04) as Ubuntu Mate. I used to run version 16.10 of Mate so I installed Ubuntu Mate 17.04 because I prefer Mate over Kubuntu. The issue is still present in Ubuntu Mate 17.04 .

I would like to know what is the current recomended version used by the dev here (Jasem in particular) so I can align myself and make it easier to report issues ?

I also read here (but can't remember where) that these lib could be useful : sudo apt-get install kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins is this still the case ?
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Yannic Delisle.
6 years 10 months ago #17013

This is an issue with different window managers. I use KDE on KDE Neon (but I feel Kubuntu is better for most end users since KDE Neon has too many updates and things might break). So Kubuntu 17.04 is good.
6 years 10 months ago #17015

Thank you Jasem.

I ran into an issue with my USB 3 express card that stoped working on ubuntu 17.04 (Kbuntu and Mate, same result) so I had to chose the best of both world: Kubuntu 16.10 which solves my USB3 problem and the window button one.

For future reference is there a way to move all the configuration of Kstar/Ekos from one machine to another or for backup purpose ? It will come handy if I ever have to move to another distrib later on ;)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Yannic Delisle.
6 years 10 months ago #17016

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds