INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon DSLR and Polar alignment

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, I just discovered Kstar 2.7.8 and Ekos and must say that I have been impressed with it so far. However I seem to run into problems trying to connect my Canon 700D as well as with the PAA. I run Mac OSX El Capitan.
I realise there have been issues with connecting Canon DSLR before and was wondering if my error has popped up before with anybody.
The DSLR error messages I get are :

Camera_get_config failed (-2): Bad parameters
Can not open camera: Power OK? If camera is auto-mounted as external disk storage, please unmount it and disable auto-mount.
Camera_get_config failed (-53): Could not claim the USB device
It works fine when I use AstroDSLR from Cloudmakers which also uses INDI Server and INDI control panel and I assume the INDI driver for Canon DSLR.
The camera is not mounted as far as I can see.I have installed the latest indilib which I understand to be containing the gphoto driver.

Regarding the polar alignment: I seem not to be able to Clear the alignment model of my Celestron AVX mount. It gives me the error : Failed to clear Alignment Model.
When I start the PAA it first wants to "Clear the alignment model" which takes forever and eventually I give up. When I start the capture and solve process it doesn't seem to be able to find a solution. It keeps failing. "Solver failed after ... seconds). I have a guidescope (210mm focal length and 50,7mm aperture which should suffice) and an ASI 120MC.

Please help! This is quite frustrating.

I seem to be doing nothing else than encountering problems which I am trying to solve as best as possible instead of being able to enjoy some astronomy. :-(

Kind regards,
Robert
6 years 9 months ago #17459
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 3.411 seconds