INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac Version Minor Issue (pop-up menu text/background colours)

• Thank you received: 7
Firstly, 110% on the Mac version. Absolutely brilliant (and has made me start using Indi again (or setting it up)). Excellent and much appreciated.

Very minor issue I can't see how to sort. When you right click on something to get the pop-up menu, the menu texts are white of an almost white background. when you move the mouse over each option the text changes to black, but difficult to see what options are available, etc. I've had a play around with the colours settings (changing various ones) with no effect.

Is there a colour option I can change ? or is this deeper in the code ?

Attached screen capture.

(New install, downloaded today, latest version).

Many thanks
(And I will be well embarrassed when somebody says "Just press the button that says 'menu colours'")
6 years 9 months ago #17489
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
Weird thing, not solved but something not 100%. I had created and was using a customised colour scheme (the default scheme with the grid lines set a bit brighter, created by selecting "Default" and Save as and modifying the Horizontal gris line colour). I exited Kstars and re-ran it and it had lost the previous colour change for the Horizontal grid on my custom colour scheme. So I reset it, exited and re-ran a few times to double check and this time it was all saved ok.

Then right clicked on an object and the menu appeared correctly (black text).

So I don't know what was going on (as a s/w developer I have the "glitch" explanations) but as a one-off I guess it will be pretty un-reproducable to investigate.
6 years 9 months ago #17491

• Thank you received: 812
We thank you for the kudos on the Mac version. And feel free if you are a software developer, to get involved. The source code is freely available and we have developed a script that you can use to build the code for editing in Xcode, in QTCreator, or other editors. See this link: github.com/jamiesmith/kstars-on-osx

I haven't done much with the custom colors, other than to make the night vision color scheme work on OS X. There very well might be some issues there because it was coded for Linux and assumes the use of palettes, whereas I had more luck with the night vision scheme using stylesheets. Also I ran into a problem with the night vision scheme where certain things in the OS wanted to maintain their colors even though it is terrible for night vision. Similar problems could be encountered with custom color options because they do not make use of the stylesheets that I used to make the night vision scheme work.

Please note any issues and try to track down their cause. We are always open to changing the code.

Thanks,

Rob
6 years 9 months ago #17511

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds