INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkySafari support - More General Than That

• Thank you received: 7
The SkiSafari support is fantastic, except I don't use SkySafari much. But it is broader broader than that. I configured the same (equivalent) configurations into TheSkyX (Software Bisque) (Serious) and it worked using the simulator configuration (Kstars on local Indi server). Obviously TheSkyX only works for telescope slewing (not all of it's imaging bits) and seems quite slow at connecting - TheSky continues to report "Connecting" for ages after Ekos SkySafari module logs show "connected" message). Ekos SkySafari module logs reported SkiSafari.

Astroplanner does not - or at least I can't get it to work. It gets as far as Ekos logs reporting "SkySafari connected" but then Astroplanner must be trying to do something more and the connection attempt fails.

Only been playing around with simulator and all on one machine (i.e. not updated my RPi yet)

Initial thought - create a list of planetarium/star chart packages it works with (people have tried) and, if enough different sky chart apps, rename the "module" to reflect its broader support ?
6 years 9 months ago #17492

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds