INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

internal guider not working.

• Thank you received: 66
Tried the internal guider but gave the error that it could not return the star to the start position. Is it measuring backlash first so that it knows how to compensate for it? What could be the problem? Is there a log file? Tried using mount control and on-camera control. Both had the same result. Of course PHD2 works just fine.

Also, when I tried to use PHD2 as an external guider, I disconnected to change PHD2 setup because it had defaulted to simulator, and when I tried to reconnect, things were locked up with both Ekos and PHD2. When I quite Kstars/Ekos, I was able to operate PHD2 again.
6 years 9 months ago #17628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please check my signature for how to submit logs. Select "Guide" from KStars logging options so that next time you run Ekos, all guide operations are logged.
6 years 9 months ago #17629

Replied by Greg on topic internal guider not working.

Thanks @knro, going to try again tonight. Should point out I'm using macOS Sierra and EQMOD mount HEQ5. ASI120mm - I'll put that in my signature.
6 years 9 months ago #17630

I setup logging but for now, not sure how but it started working. maybe better camera settings - lower exposure and brighter stars. guide via mount control not working tho. I'll try to get a log.
6 years 9 months ago #17647

unfortunately, the video on logging is not supported by safari nor Firefox. once again PHD2 works. I can see PHD2 logs in my recent files but no other logs, even though I have the logging turned on now from the INDI CCD Options control panel. Also checked the /tmp folder and there are no logs there.
6 years 9 months ago #17658

Configure KStars --> Advanced:
Select Verbose
Select File
Check INDI and Guide boxes

When you finish testing in Ekos and want to send the logs, click the "Show Logs" buttons.
6 years 9 months ago #17661

The calibration didn't work again and I found that the mount was not tracking. With tracking on, the calibration worked and guiding worked.
6 years 9 months ago #17679

Time to create page: 0.902 seconds