INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Align Assist never completes its run

• Thank you received: 0
I found the problem... I can't read ! I missed this message

2017-08-29T17:58:33 World Coordinate System (WCS) is enabled. CCD rotation must be set either manually in the CCD driver or by solving an image before proceeding to capture any further images, otherwise the WCS information may be invalid.

Once I plate solved an image and tried again it worked.
6 years 6 months ago #18915

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I was actually able to replicate this issue, it was intermittent but I identified the cause and it is now fixed in GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Sidote
6 years 6 months ago #18946

• Thank you received: 19
Hey there!
Found this thread through the search function.
I have exactly the same problem. EQ6-R Canon DSLR. No connection problems. Very old HP Pavillon Notebook with direct USB connection to EQ and Canon.
After i was succesful to solve an image (Polaris) i tried to use the Polar alignment.
I go through the points. Picture-solving-WCS-turn scope-picture-solving-wcs-turn again picture-solve-wcs AND HERE the whole program crashes and just closes without any error message. Does anyone know whats the problem?
And what does "GIT" mean? ´Cause you said its fixed in GIT?

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22694

That was fixed long ago. What OS are you on? version? Logs?
6 years 2 months ago #22696

Hi!
I am on Lubuntu 17.10 on an quite old HP Pavillon Notebook.
KStars Build 2017-12-2T08:39:58Z
I don´t know were to find logs, ´cause i am totally new to Linux and KStars...
Maybe my Setup is neccesary too.
I am on an EQ6-R via Handbox and PC Direct Mode on the Laptop (RS232-USB Adapter) EQ-Mod Driver
Skywatcher Newton f/5 150/750mm
Canon EOS 5DMarkIII-a via USB
Cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by the.cakemaker.
6 years 2 months ago #22699

My signature has an answer to your question!
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 1 month ago #22709

Hi there.

Funny... since i look in this forum most of the time in tapatalk, i could not see your signature :)
I will switch on logging the next time i can try the alignment, when weather is ok.
Cheers
Niki

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
6 years 1 month ago #22716

Hi!

Today i will have time and CS to test whats the prob with the Polar alignment crashing to desktop.

I just wanted to know WHICH of the loggings i should check...

I checked alignment now, but is this the right one?
Should i check all of them?

cheers
Niki
6 years 1 month ago #23287
Attachments:

Hi there!

Managed to provocate another two crashes.
I activated logging, and i hope i checked the right boxes.

So here is my Log.

The System i am on is a LUBUNTU distribution with only KStars installed. Its an qite old Intel Celeron Laptop (HP Pavillon)
The EQ6-R and the Canon EOS 5D MarkIII are both connected direct to the laptop via USB.
So far almost everything is working without problems. Only after the last Picture when i am doing the Polar alignment, the whole thing crashes to desktop without a message.

Maybe someone here knows what the problem is.

cheers
Niki
6 years 1 month ago #23290
Attachments:

Well, it's not exactly clear what's causing the crash. Run KStars from command line via gdb:
gdb -ex=r kstars

Then do the usual to produce the crash. Once it crashes, it should stop, go back there and type in bt and post the results here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 1 month ago #23307

Tried today again.
I don´t know what i changed, but today it worked.
I will try the procedure the other day again, maybe i can provocate the crash again, but today it worked the first time...

Cheers
Niki
6 years 1 month ago #23318

Maybe, because with the last version it works, tis thread could be closed?
5 years 11 months ago #24713

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds