INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos VM: Can't install Virtualbox guest additions

• Thank you received: 8
Hello,

I am wondering if others out there have had this issue. I am using Virtualbox 5.1.20 to run the Ekos VM. My end goal is to use the VBox shared folder feature so I can write all my images there, thus automatically making them appear on the Vbox host. This was not working, so I thought perhaps I should install Virtualbox Guest Additions. I am stymied by this due to some sort of error:
Unable to insert the virtual optical disk /usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso into the machine Ekos.

Could not mount the media/drive '/usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Callee: IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}

I have used Virtualbox for many years and swear by it, yet I've never had this issue. Virtualbox thinks the VboxGuestAdditions.iso is inserted in the virtual drive, but it doesn't show up within Kubuntu. I am at a loss for proceeding. With other VMs, I don't get shared folders until I install guest additions, so I assume this is a roadblock to my goal.

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with INDI or Ekos, but I don't know if there's a simple reason, or if I should ask in the Virtualbox support forum.

Thanks for any help,

Charles
Ubuntu 18.04 and Raspbian Jessie; INDI 1.7.4
Mounts: CEM-60 chiefly; iEQ45
Cameras: Atik 383L+, QHY5-II-M
Focuser: Moonlite
6 years 9 months ago #17727

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
Sorry to ask this here - I found the answer:
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-utils
sudo adduser ekos vboxsf
Ubuntu 18.04 and Raspbian Jessie; INDI 1.7.4
Mounts: CEM-60 chiefly; iEQ45
Cameras: Atik 383L+, QHY5-II-M
Focuser: Moonlite
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Charles Wright.
6 years 9 months ago #17728

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds