INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all, I'm getting some behavior which I didn't expect when changing the binning on my SBIG ST-402.

When I change the binning via Capture (taking a single image), the resulting image is a different size. For instance, if I choose 9x9 binning, the image scales from the original 765 x 504 pixels to 85 x 56. This is the behavior I expect.

When I go to take a sequence of images, and I change the binning size, unless I manually change the size of the image, the output is still 765 x 504 pixels. I think Ekos is actually doing something different, because the image *looks* different, but do I really have to manually change the size of the image?

(What I actually want to do is spectrometry with my DSS-7, so I want different vertical and horizontal binning, which can only be done with a sequence. That's why I'm looking at the sequencing tool, not just for my health :-) )

Thanks!
6 years 8 months ago #18152

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There shouldn't be a difference between Single vs Sequence. Turn logs on and attach logs for Ekos & SBIG as well. Check my signature for how to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Duston
6 years 7 months ago #18184

Oh ok sorry about that. I just reproduced the problem and have attached logs. I think by "SBIG logs" you meant just turn the driver on, which I did. It should be at the end of this session.

Thanks!
6 years 7 months ago #18225
Attachments:

It shows binning as 0 which is 1x1. Send Ekos log and screenshot of capture module.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Duston
6 years 7 months ago #18227

Sorry it's taken me a while to revisit this, I was trying other solutions.

I've attached two screenshots and the logs. Notice in the screen shots that the dimensions of the camera are correctly stated 765 x 510, but even with vertical binning at 4, the lower corner of the image still has a pixel value of 765 x 510.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 5 months ago #19886
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds