INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic job creator handles negative rotations as positive

• Thank you received: 1
Hi. I may be wrong here, but if you introduce a negative angle in the Mosaic job creator UI, in the "rotation" field under "1. Equipment", it is handled as positive, i. e. -33 is handled as +33.

The solver reports my rotation as -22 but this (see attachment 1) is what I got after running the mosaic job (quick composition with ds9 using wcs data from the resulting fits files). As you can see, the rotation of the individual frames is different from the whole mosaic. I am guessing that the problem comes from the mosaic job creator ignoring the negative angle.

Also, a couple of minor things.
- On the right, the display of the mosaic and the objects is a bit buggy. Ofter, it leaves out parts of the mosaic, the object, etc (see attachment 2).
- The "tab" order of the "rotation" field is wrong, it should come after "Pixel size - H" but comes after "overlap" in "FOV".

Thanks!
6 years 8 months ago #18156
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I found issue causing this. The position angle of the target displayed within the mosaic window wasn't 0 E of N and so the rotation wasn't correct. I have a temporary "fix" for this, but I'd like to work on a better approach and will work on it in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for the report!
6 years 8 months ago #18162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds