INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KSTARS fails with CEM25 connection on Mac OSX 10.11

• Thank you received: 155
On my Mac Mini running OSX 10.11, I have a serial to USB connection to an iOptron CEM25P mount. It works great with SkySafari, and Cloudmakers' AstroTelecope, so the cable connections is working fine. But I am having trouble with KSTARS. I can get the mount to connect using several other mount drivers, but they do not allow me to control the scope. But when I try and connect using the CEM25 or CEM60 drivers, it goes through the connection process but then I get an error message that states "Connection to INDI host at localhost on port 7624 lost. Server disconnected". Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks for any advice.
6 years 8 months ago #18356

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Welcome to INDI/KStars and thanks for the report. I already replied to you in the other forum thread, so I'll just post it here again:

Is the CloudMakers INDI server running? If you plan to use KStars embedded INDI server, then all other INDI servers must be shutdown first. There are no specific instructions since it should be pretty easy to use with Ekos. IF you want to use an external server, you can change your Ekos equipment profile and change from local to remote and then simply specify localhost in there and it will connect to the external CloudMaker's INDI server (if it was running).

Also, please attach from the mount driver. Check my signature for instructions.

We are preparing to release 2.8.1 within a couple of weeks with lots of small fixes and support for "Get Location" on your Mac.
6 years 8 months ago #18367

oops, I forgot the log! Now it's attached.

I had discovered two days ago that I had to turn off the external INDI server. When I give the example above, all other aps were closed. Only KSTARS was running.
I just tried a few more times, and CEM25 still gives me the same error. The log states that I attempted to set a screen on a child window. Not sure what I did wrong. I was just trying to connect to the mount. :(

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-50-...8-08.txt
File Size:6 KB
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Peter Kennett.
6 years 8 months ago #18374
Attachments:

Looks like you encountered an issue that was fixed in INDI but didn't make it to the last Mac release, we're working on a new release soon.
6 years 8 months ago #18381

Thanks, at least I now know that I was not just inexperienced.
Do you know if this was this fixed in Cloudmaker's INDI Server?
If so, how do I connect to that server instead of the internal one?

Thanks!

Peter
6 years 8 months ago #18395

Ok, I just installed a driver for the serial/usb adapter and tried to connect with Stars again.
This time the mount seemed to connect - but then I got another error - but a different one.
It just said that INDI crashed. I attached the new log.

Peter

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-22-47.txt
File Size:11 KB
6 years 8 months ago #18396
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds