INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[FIXED] Problem connecting to remote PHD2

• Thank you received: 53
I'm runnig PHD2 on my RPi and that works fine. From EKOS on bth Windows 8 and Ubuntu VM I cannot connect to it. I can set the IP ddress of the RPi in the profile editor (there is a minor bug where the input field gets greyed out but the address satys displayed). If I try to connect to it from the Guiding tab it says PHD2 refuses the connection. I've got server enabled in PHD2. If I change the IP address to localhost and run PHD2 locally no problems.
I'll do a bit more testing by seeing if I can connect to PHD2 on the RPi separately but it looks like a bug. Possibly related to the minor bug which I believe is around line 762 of profileeditor.cpp:
bool isInternalGuider = (ui->guideTypeCombo->currentIndex() == 0);
ui->externalGuideHostLabel->setEnabled(isInternalGuider);
ui->externalGuideHost->setEnabled(isInternalGuider);
ui->externalGuidePort->setEnabled(isInternalGuider);
ui->externalGuidePortLabel->setEnabled(isInternalGuider);
This would appear to disable the external guider fields when exernal guider is selected.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Ken Self. Reason: Indicate solution in title
6 years 7 months ago #18383

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

From my desktop where I run Ekos I just used Putty to telnet to my RPi on port 4400 and was receiving the PHD2 event messages and I could send commands successfully.
Then I started up Ekos and set the PHD2 host to the RPi IP (192.168.0.10) and port 4400 - screenshot attached

Attachment not found

Then I started a listener on my PC on port 4400
I started Indi and connected to it then went to the Guider tool. Then I clicked the connect button and I could see the connection command coming through on localhost:4400 - see screenshot

Attachment not found

So it looks like Ekos is substituting localhost for the hostname/IP of the PHD2 host
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 7 months ago #18391

Thanks for the report, these issues among others are now fixed in GIT and will be in next KStars release 2.8.1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Self
6 years 7 months ago #18405

Now working in the latest version. Thank you and well done!
6 years 7 months ago #18576

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds