INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 2.8.1 "Hipster" release is out!

Thanks, we're very close to the problem. But one more step is required. Before you connect, go to Options --> Enable Debug then you'll see two new properties for Debug & Logging, Check all Logging checkboxes on and select "Log to File" (See signature for more details). You'll get a detailed log file for the mount communication. Attach this file.
6 years 7 months ago #18685

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
The reason I was asking is because I actually have never connected my mount with device manager. I have always just used Ekos. But yes, this has been useful in this case since you really don't need to connect a camera or to get Ekos all started up just to check if the mount connects properly.
6 years 7 months ago #18712

I don't see any Mac-specific driver problems in that terminal output. When we had problems with the Mac build in the first couple of months, it was generally related to dylibs not being present or required files missing. These problems were revealing themselves in the terminal output. That does not appear to be the problem here. The terminal just said a child process died, though it did give more information as to when it happened, it did not reveal why it happened, since I don't think the output directly before the statement that it died has anything to do with it (but I could be wrong).

So yes, I would try what Jasem said, maybe it will reveal more info.

Hopefully it gets solved soon.

Thanks,

Rob
6 years 7 months ago #18713

• Thank you received: 155
Here's the new INDI log from today, along with the debug log.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_07-59-09.txt
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: TerminalSa...4Aug.txt
File Size:71 KB
6 years 7 months ago #18714
Attachments:

I forgot the INDI log. I went back in and turned on the INDI logging, then connected with the internal server, which of course crashed right away.
Here's the log:

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_ieq_t...3707.log
File Size:2 KB
6 years 7 months ago #18715
Attachments:

Another attempt with INDI logs on, and trying to start up from KSTARS and then EKOS. Trying to find something different - but I still get the same error message and crash.

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_ieq_t...5539.log
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_08-26-43.txt
File Size:46 KB
6 years 7 months ago #18716
Attachments:

Nice work Peter, I think that should help get the problem diagnosed. I don't have experience with an ioptron mount or the ioptron driver, though I do have a sky tracker. But from looking at each log, it seems it updates the information such as GPS successfully and then there is a crash. The INDI log that you attached does list the commands sent and the response received. I think the last one might indicate the problem. Jasem should be able to help you with that much better than I can.

Thanks and good luck,
Rob
6 years 7 months ago #18717

Thanks, this confirmed my suspicion. The IOptron documentation on which I developed the driver is actually incorrect. For Time source, they indicate the values as either 1, 2, or 3, which from the log it starts from zero. I will submit a fix and try it in the next KStars release very soon.
6 years 7 months ago #18718

Glad I was able to help.
On Sunday the mount goes in a box, and I will see it gain until November, when I unpack it in Uganda.
I hope you are able to solve this issue, but if not, we can try again after I get settled back in.

Peter
6 years 7 months ago #18722

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds