INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released!

• Thank you received: 87
Yes It does stop the problem, at least on mine, KStars 2.8.3 just tested on MBP Mid 2009 with Sierra 10.12.5
6 years 6 months ago #19606

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Ok, so nmac, you observed the same issue? Was that with a language other than the default set? And it is also with the HIPS turned on?
6 years 6 months ago #19608

Here's a question, which hips image set do you have selected?
6 years 6 months ago #19609

Yes I have seen it too with all color sets, it seems random, specially switching between color set and zooming in and out.
When I start Kstars the screen is also trashed for a few seconds and the it turns normal.Maybe a graphics glitch?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 6 months ago #19611
Attachments:

Nmac,

The screenshot you posted looks more like what happens when hips hasnt fully downloaded all of its data yet. I saw that before I built up a hips cache. Now i rarely ever see that. But I think that issue is different from the one posted by poison.
6 years 6 months ago #19614

I also saw it somewhere, but both of them are happening , first this one and after that the blueish one that poison reported.

Also the blueish thing is happening with english language so maybe it's not related to language setting.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 6 months ago #19615

• Thank you received: 32
I've seen some weird behaviour (on OSX) when zooming in and out specifically, but am not sure it's the same problem. I'm using the overlay indeed and zooming in or out a bit fixes it so didn't really find it very annoying.
6 years 6 months ago #19619

• Thank you received: 2

Yes, that did the trick! Thank you! :woohoo:
However before I changed to "none" under "View -> HiPS", nothing was selected at all!
And now, if I select e.g. "HiPS -> DSS colored" or one of the other two default options all seems working perfectly and it looks just great!

Oliver
6 years 6 months ago #19730

Ok, now I did a few times zoom in and out using the overlay an run into the same "problem". And as supernov mentioned zooming in or out a bit fixes it.

Oliver
6 years 6 months ago #19732

If what you guys are seeing here is that when you zoom in and out the HIPS image stays the same or lags a little, but then later after you zoom in and out and wait for a minute, it seems to now work properly when you zoom, I think that might be just that you don't yet have the HIPS images for that zoom level downloaded yet. The HIPS images are cached on your computer, but they are downloaded and loaded on demand as well. So the first time you look at an area of sky at a zoom level, it wont have the image(s) ready and needs to load them, but later if you come back to that area and/or zoom level, the image(s) will load almost instantly from the cache. Does this sound like what you are seeing? Increasing the cache size, zooming in and out on regions of interest, and a fast internet connection should all help if it is the problem.

Thanks,

Rob
6 years 6 months ago #19734

Yes, you're right. Tested it several times.
Is there a way to download the complete HIPS image?
6 years 5 months ago #19958

By the way, I can reproduce a graphics glitch.
When I open "What's interesting" for the first time in a kstars session there is nothing but a white screen.
Then close and open again "What's interesting" and all seems working ok.

Now click on the "eye" icon and voila, there is the glitch.
Closing what's interesting will remove the glitch.

HIPS is deactivated.

All the best,
Oliver
6 years 5 months ago #19962
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.078 seconds