INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solver fails to find binaries on Mac

• Thank you received: 812
Yes the new dmg i sent to Jasem to upload last night has all the required dependencies for astrometry wrapped in the app. So no more need to install python, pip, netpbm, numpy, or pyfits to get astrometry working. The only things that would need to be downloaded separately are the astrometry index files and if you want to use the simulators, GSC. Both of these have working installers built into kstars. If this new version works, we can probably delete or update that page in the setup wizard since it would not be needed anymore to install python, pip, pyfits, or netpbm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
6 years 5 months ago #20670

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
The problem we were having before was that getting it all in the app required quite a lot of files and I thought it would be easier to just have installers for those dependendies if a person wants offline astrometry.

I had tried to make installers for each dependency and put that all in the wizard with a warning that it was experimental. There were several problems, including the fact that osx already comes with a version of python, but that some of the priviledges like installing the other items with python require root. Homebrew can install python as well that works much better for our purposes, but I was having trouble because sometimes the system wouldnt know which pyhon to use. Then the command that i used in the installers stopped working to detect the homebrew python. So the other day I finally decided to just go back and try to get the needed files into the app so that they would not have to be installed separately and if you are using the embedded astrometry then it will just use those versions of python, numpy, pyfits, and netpbm.

It ended up being easier than I thought. It only took a few hours this past thursday night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Peter Kennett
6 years 5 months ago #20671

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds