INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic job and PHD2 not resuming

• Thank you received: 32
Maybe this has been fixed already, but I just now noticed that PHD2 wasn't resumed when the second panel started.
6 years 6 months ago #19758

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
I'd like to piggyback on this, as it may be related? I've just been experimenting with the simulators. And I found that starting autoguiding works the first time. But if I stop it, then click guide to resume, it does not resume guiding without going to PHD2 and clicking on the green reticule.
Also I hoped 'Stop guiding when mount slews' option in PHD2 would suspend guiding only temporarily, but I found it is not resuming after slew.
6 years 6 months ago #19763

Can't reproduce with simulators.
6 years 6 months ago #19766

Mmm, interesting. I'll use the internal guider for this evening, but will test PHD2 again if tomorrow is good as well.
6 years 6 months ago #19786

I captured my experience with PHD2 as a video. I hope it helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Vincent Groenewold
6 years 6 months ago #19809

I think I fixed the PHD2 issue, will push to PPA soon.
6 years 6 months ago #19816

Thank you Jasem, it is working much better now. Stopping and restarting guiding from EKOS works like a charm. The only thing I haven't seen it do is resume guiding on a new star automatically after a mount slew. It's possible I am overlooking a setting for suspending guiding. If so, where would that be?
Edit: It looks like EKOS is not telling PHD2 to Stop guiding when a slew is commanded. It should then also tell to guide once slew has finished
Edit 2: I does appear the EKOS Scheduler will resume guiding, particularly with Mosaics. Although it did not appear to issue to connect and guide function at the very beginning of the first job.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Andrew.
6 years 6 months ago #19825

That could very well be my problem as well yes, last clear night right now so am just using the (also fine) internal guiding. I am curious about the plate solving this session. :)
6 years 6 months ago #19826

Actually everything out of the scheduler appears to be working fine right now. Including mosaic, starting guiding, slew to new panel and resuming guiding.
So at this point the only thing I would like to see is guiding auto resuming when I choose to slew the mount.
Edit: [TIL] It seems PHD does not do a full frame search for a guide star when the star is lost. It will only search within the original box. I suppose that makes sense in most cases, such as a passing cloud. Therefore the only way to trigger a new auto-star search is by directing PHD2 to Stop and the Guide again, and for more automation, that should be done if the mount is slewed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Andrew.
6 years 6 months ago #19827

• Thank you received: 375
Doesn't this apply only when you use subframe from your guiding camera?
6 years 6 months ago #19849

Not from what I could tell and read up on.
According to Bruce Waddington, a PHD2 developer groups.google.com/d/msg/open-phd-guiding...7vJeOrk/BuaUiKkNBgAJ
6 years 6 months ago #19851

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds