INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem Compiling on MacOS

• Thank you received: 809
As long as you ran the cmake version before and already built the translations, you should be able to just run:

build-kstars.sh -3ei

and it will build using craft. if you add a d, it will make a dmg. Now what I don't know is whether the phonon error affects only the homebrew stuff we are using for the cmake build or whether it also affects craft. I guess if you try the craft version and it fails on phonon, we will have an answer.

Thanks,
Rob
6 years 4 months ago #20887

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

I never got the translations to compile. The last time I had the build working I had to comment out the translation stuff.
6 years 4 months ago #20888

Oh ok. That should be fine for the craft build as well then.
6 years 4 months ago #20892

Ok, I got phonon to build using the homebrew based qt for the cmake build. KStars builds fine after that.

Use the options build-kstars.sh -ciq and it will work.

Not sure why phonon would not build using the regular qt package yet, but the home-brew one works for now, so thats fine.
6 years 4 months ago #20958

• Thank you received: 6

I finally got it to compile with having to use the homebrew qt. But I had to install many of the KF5 modules by hand because the script would end up failing to build some of the modules because it couldn't find one of the requirements. This could have been initially caused by phonon not compiling which lead to a cascade of issues but I'm not sure. I don't really want to delete KF5 and see if the issue is fixed because I can finally build kstars again and that is what matters to me.
6 years 4 months ago #20982

Yeah, I agree it was very annoying. Unfortunately when you are working on a project that depends upon other projects, when those other projects change it can prevent the project built on them from getting built until you resolve the issue. I did not really need to rebuild everything and had not done so in awhile, but I had decided to update to qt 5.9.2 and then phonon would not build.
6 years 4 months ago #20983

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds