INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connecting to PHD2 running on R-pi from Ekos running elsewhere?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Maybe this is a dumb question. But anyway. My setup: I have a R-Pi by the mount, runing Indiserver. I have a laptop indoors, running Kstars and Ekos. And PHD2. Now I want to run PHD2 on the R-Pi instead, to remove delays from download of images. So I've installed a VNC server and PHD2 and it all seems to run. But I cannot connect to this PHD2 from EKOS.

I set the ip adress in the Equipment profile, to the same IP as the indiserver. And I leave the deafult port there (for the PHD2 server)- same as it runs on on my indoors laptop.

But when connecting all I get is connection failure ("make sure PHD2 is running" etc).

What am I missing? I have no firewalls configured here.

Best,

Magnus
6 years 5 months ago #20923

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
Well I have the same setup with StellarMate installed on the RPi3. But there is only minimal control over PHD2 via EKOS so I don't bother. I use VNC to directly communicate to PHD2 on the Pi, and I have full control and visibility to do things like drift alignment, etc.
6 years 5 months ago #20925

Hi!
Thanks for your reply! Does that mean you also run Ekos on an indoors computer? (as I understand Stellarmate, it can run Ekos as well)

In that setup, how do you manage meridian flips and scheduled imaging? For me it is critical to have PHD2 connected to Ekos for thos functions. All the rest, like drift alignment, setting guide parameter etc, I do directly in PHD2 via vnc.

But since Ekos cannot connect to PHD2 it is still only an idea...:)

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 4 months ago #20928

Thanks for the report. Have you tried restarting KStars and checking if you can connect again? I found an issue where it wasn't saving the options after you edit the profile and therefore it wasn't connecting to the remote host. It is fixed now and should be available in the next KStars release.
6 years 4 months ago #20929

• Thank you received: 66
Yes I run Ekos indoors - i.e. in my car, via Wifi :-s but no, I'm not using meridian flips and scheduled imaging. Maybe one day!
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Greg.
6 years 4 months ago #20936

Hi!

Yes, now it works nicely. Thanks!!

Magnus
6 years 4 months ago #20991

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds