INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

several issues in setting up robotic Ekos session

• Thank you received: 26
Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up a fully automated robotic astrophotograph.
I still have some issues mentioned here below in the captured videos.
Can anyone take a look at them?

EKOS KStars 2.8.7 Session NGC672

48m44 paused scheduler on failed guidestar selection internal guider
51m10 changing focussing parameters (including full field enabled) focussing fails (mostly)
1h09m10 stop scheduled jobs on alignment failing while focus module is still focussing
2h05m30 kstars crash on calibrating lin_guider + failing to autoselect guidingstar

eqmod keeps stopping sidereal tracking on reconnecting (recurring)

EKOS KStars 2.7.8 Session(2) IC405

10m56: Mount slewed inadvertently without visual indications from NCG281 (last seen on 3m17) to IC405 is there any exception rule handling ???
22m47: Autoselect in phd2 does not select a suitable star

EKOS KStars 2.7.8 Session(4) - Target framing

3m05: astrometry solver halts with "No metadata is available in this image." message on focussing subframe
23m52: job bypasses clear filter sequence (presumably already captured in a previous session, where can I inspect the state then?

Thanks in advance.
6 years 4 months ago #21291

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Regarding scheduler, I wasn't sure how it got started. When using the scheduler, you just observe and not in active control as it might interfere with the scheduler operations. Only take actions when strictly necessary. Regarding notifications, go to Tools --> Configure Notifications, and you can turn on Messages or Sounds for each action that is taken. You can configure it to your liking.

Will check other issues later. Also, KStars version now is 2.8.8 so you're a few versions behind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurgen Kobierczynski
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 4 months ago #21294

• Thank you received: 26
Ubuntu Astronomy packaging system was such a mess, I've decided to install Kubuntu with KStars, Phd2 and Astrometry.net included from scratch. It can be done in 1 hour only. (If you have the Astrometry index files at hand)

1: install Kubuntu 17.04
2: follow instructions until point 2 described here:
indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html
3: follow instructions for Ubuntu and Phd2 described here:
github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/wiki/BuildingPHD2OnLinux
4: execute this line in preparation for the setup of Astrometry.net:
sudo apt-get install libcairo2-dev libnetpbm10-dev netpbm libjpeg-dev python-numpy python-pyfits python-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev swig libcfitsio-dev
5: follow the instructions of the "Grab the code" and "Build it. The short version" part located here:
astrometry.net/doc/build.html#build
6: Copy the Astrometry data files to /usr/local/astrometry/data. (Can be downloaded within KStars, see point 9)
7: Configure INDI drivers to use in Ekos and Phd2
8: Connect INDI to a running indiserver (use a simulation if needed)
9: Set in the solver module, in Options... the correct location of several files:
solver: /usr/local/astrometry/bin/solve-field
wcsinfo: /usr/local/astrometry/bin/wcsinfo
config: /usr/local/astrometry/etc/astrometry.cfg
6 years 4 months ago #21307

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds