INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Working on PHD2 support

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Working on PHD2 support

Thanks @rlancaste! This is great to have PHD2 well integrated with Ekos!
6 years 3 months ago #21582

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

Yes, this is what I mean. That's how I did my tests I posted here. I either removed the guider from the profile in Ekos or I went one step forward and made it not served by INDI at all. The PHD2 star images, graphs, and guiding results I implemented in the last week will come through with or without the guide camera being connected.
6 years 3 months ago #21585

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Working on PHD2 support

This is awesome. A few months ago, I started working on a PHD2 interface for the MGen Autoguider, that would provide correction and frame messages like a regular PHD2 installation would, from indiserver. While I interrupted that activity to cut wood for my backyard obs, I'll follow this up. I had found Ekos a bit difficult to talk with at the time :)

-Eric
6 years 3 months ago #21602

I just added a new feature to the guide module. The drift plot. By the way, even though this is running with PHD2, it works with the internal guider as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, nMAC, Jarno Paananen, Greg, Stephen, Tarun
6 years 3 months ago #21668
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic Re:Working on PHD2 support

WOW! Thank you Rob.

If only my mount works tonight. It is back from warranty work, and well... twice last night it went off into la-la-land. Hopefully tonight it will work and I can get to use this.

Cheers!
6 years 3 months ago #21669

Note the change is not pushed to GIT yet, but it should be within a short time. Do you pull your KStars version from the GIT repository, do you get it from the PPA, or do you use a Mac or Windows DMG/Installer? It will take longer to get it to the PPA than GIT, and the Mac/Windows installers will probably not be updated for a day or two.
6 years 3 months ago #21671

The Mac dmg on the website is now the latest version. It includes the added phd2 support and the drift plot in guiding
6 years 3 months ago #21677

So after I have done quite a bit of work in the last couple of weeks, I think the enhanced phd2 support and improved guiding graphics are now finished. They are now on the latest git on GitHub, but the PPA, the Mac DMG, and the windows version will be a few more days away. If anybody who is building from source could test the changes I have been making to PHD2, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Teseo, Jarno Paananen, Andrew, Jim
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
6 years 2 months ago #22100

• Thank you received: 14

Replied by Teseo on topic Re:Working on PHD2 support

Thanks for your work, i search to compile only receive this error:
/opt/Astronomia/indi_ekos_build/Projects/kstars/kstars/auxiliary/nonlineardoublespinbox.cpp: In constructor ‘NonLinearDoubleSpinBox::NonLinearDoubleSpinBox(QWidget*)’:
/opt/Astronomia/indi_ekos_build/Projects/kstars/kstars/auxiliary/nonlineardoublespinbox.cpp:19:19: error: ‘QOverload’ was not declared in this scope
connect(this, QOverload<double>::of(&QDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged),[=](double d){ _idx = _values.indexOf(
^
/opt/Astronomia/indi_ekos_build/Projects/kstars/kstars/auxiliary/nonlineardoublespinbox.cpp:19:29: error: expected primary-expression before ‘double’
connect(this, QOverload<double>::of(&QDoubleSpinBox::valueChanged),[=](double d){ _idx = _values.indexOf(
^
kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:5353: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/auxiliary/nonlineardoublespinbox.cpp.o" non riuscito
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/auxiliary/nonlineardoublespinbox.cpp.o] Errore 1
make[2]: *** Attesa per i processi non terminati....
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:335: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all" non riuscito
make[1]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Errore 2
Makefile:138: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "all" non riuscito
6 years 2 months ago #22103

• Thank you received: 165
This seems to be a Qt version issue, on my x64 Ubuntu 17.10 with Qt 5.9.1 it compiles, but on Raspberry Pi Ubuntu 16.04 with Qt 5.5.1 I get this same error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
6 years 2 months ago #22118

More than likely it is a compiler specific issue with the way the method was declared. I can ask Jasem what needs to be changed.
6 years 2 months ago #22119

No jpaana is correct. I just googled it. It does appear to be a QT version issue. Maybe we can change the code slightly and make it work with older qt versions.
6 years 2 months ago #22120

Time to create page: 1.113 seconds