INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Built in guider won't calibrate

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Built in guider won't calibrate

That sounds like a last resort, but if that works I guess I can set it all up again. Thanks for the reply
6 years 3 months ago #21637

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So it was a last resort, and it still did not help. I cleared out the entire .indi folder and saved all new configs on both ends of the wire. All that did for me was allow me to spend about 30 minutes going through all the device settings re-setting it up. The built in guider calibration still captures only 1 frame and then just sits with the wheel spinning with the last logged entry of: RA drifting forward...

It doesn't matter if I do a subframe shot, or a full frame, doesn't matter the binning, camera settings, etc.
The loop button works fine, and captures a sequence of images without any problems.
I am using an OAG, and have only the one optic tube now, and have selected it for both the primary and the guide scope. I have also tried selecting only the primary scope. No difference
6 years 3 months ago #21754

• Thank you received: 809
Did you try with PHD2? If it works with PHD2, that would rule out any issues with the connections, cables, mount, or the camera.
6 years 3 months ago #21755

I am using PHD2 right now with the same setup, haven't even gone out to the scope, just switched software
6 years 3 months ago #21756

• Thank you received: 46
That seems strange, when I had this issue I couldn't get the simulator to take more than just one image and then nothing more happen.. did you try the simulator ?? One more thing, I have a SX LodestarX2 as a guidecam and a SXVR-H9 as my main cam.. maybe it's related to the driver somehow ?
6 years 3 months ago #21765

All things are possible, of course. I don't believe it is the camera driver, all other aspects of the cameras work how they always have. Both cameras do everything they need to in all the other modules, and even in this one, it will operate normally if I just click the loop button. It is only the guide calibration where it hangs.
6 years 3 months ago #21783

• Thank you received: 11
FWIW:
Does the mount actually move when the RA Forward action is sent
May try calibrating on the ecliptic to avoid issues closer to the celestial pole
Increase the minimum pulses maybe
Is the FITs folder location receiving the first image ok
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 3 months ago #21785

The calibration had been working for the last 9 months. This was a recent development when it stopped. PHD is still able to calibrate and track without any issues at the same place in the sky. I don't think it gets far enough to move the mount, though I have not been at the mount when this is happening. I would say this change occurred on Dec 10 or right around there.

I just tried the simulator. It does the same thing there. And now that I think about it more, wasn't calibrate its own button on this screen before?
6 years 3 months ago #21787
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 11
I just tried the Guiding using a Simulator setup, clicked on the Guide button, Ekos went through all the RA and DEC calibration, completed and guides continuously as expected.

The only thing different I did was manually select a star not Auto.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 3 months ago #21796

Good to know, thank you. I wonder if this started when I went with the OAG and my guide scope is selected as the same as the imaging scope. I will play with that a little more as well.
6 years 3 months ago #21797

Tried with auto star on and off. Here are my settings screens for the simulator. It is still hanging.

6 years 3 months ago #21798
Attachments:

and the scope settings

One other thing just occurred to me. I am having this issue on both machines I have tried it on, but they are both Fedora. I wonder if something could be wrong with the build?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jim. Reason: thoughts
6 years 3 months ago #21799
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds